Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Shows the mess we were in that we had an embargo. In terms of the deal itself can’t say I’ve seen too much of him but Liverpool won’t sell him so we are essentially developing him for them.. still, we need players so..

I don't like developing players for other clubs either but I'm not sure how choosy we can be.

What I don't like is the clause I've heard that Liverpool insert in loan deals. If fit he would have to play or we pay some financial penalty. That would definitely limit developing our own.

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

If we sign Snodgrass, how will he fit into this 3-5-2? 

He won't. The 3-5-2 doesn't suit our players at all. 

A 3-4-3 would suit us a little better, but it'd force Jack to left wing ala the Hazard role, but with Snodgrass at right wing, we'd have no pace there. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

He won't. The 3-5-2 doesn't suit our players at all. 

A 3-4-3 would suit us a little better, but it'd force Jack to left wing ala the Hazard role, but with Snodgrass at right wing, we'd have no pace there. 

As much as i like Snodgrass, i just do not see the logic behind what Bruce does.

Snodgrass needs to have a full back to support him. The way Bruce has set us up during pre season i just cannot see him fitting into this formation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

As much as i like Snodgrass, i just do not see the logic behind what Bruce does.

Snodgrass needs to have a full back to support him. The way Bruce has set us up during pre season i just cannot see him fitting into this formation.

Didn't we abandon the 3-5-2 yesterday?

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I actually think in the 4-2-3-1 formation we played last season, RDL and Snodgrass would work extremely well. RDL is a work horse who likes to go up and down that line. Snodgrass thrives on fullbacks with fullbacks that play that way. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t want to put too much pressure on him like I have with others on here in the past

no worries, important thing is nature him and youth player in right way and pace, right time. kev macdonald did brilliant, would love back tony mcandrew too something as i heard he left but stay with us in different job?  

David Hughes is he did good job as tony mcandrew? 

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Snodgrass at 32 On £60k a week or 3 or 4 younger, hungrier and more importantly, faster players on £15k/£20k a week.

I know where I would spend my money!

Except Snodgrass is 30 (31 in Sept), and we might only pay a portion of his weekly wage. Plus we have our own youth who are coming through, we are already paying and are doing well.

Bruce has signed a couple of over 30s, but Snodgrass and Terry, made our team much better last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd honestly rather play our own youth.

lol who? Murphey, Davis, Hogan, and Kodjia are hurt. I don't rate woodburn, but I do think we can use another striker so we aren't forced to start Green up there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd jump at the chance to be honest. Only seen his fleeting appearances for Wales so far but the buzz and excitement around this kid is well warranted imo. Be a great loan signing imo. He needs game time.

• Like 3

if transfer emergo is actually hit us, it is meant big mess and doom even other club allowed poacher our player and not allowed buy other player it is not fair really as FFP is destory football, original i back it to keep stop big club spent but they find other way to loop to make big spent more that small club which iireversed, it is sad. we got plenty money and back, and finanical are very very stable , only mess up is because we lost profit too much, which i blame is who allowed and Di matteo buy both Ross McC and S.hogan (i understand both fit system, hogan more yes and Ross McC might play as ACM in Di Matteo)  are waste our money, total both around 20 to 25 millions, it is might reason make use big loss money and diffcult sell Ross McC,. also Micha Richards too, and Use be Gabby as well, now he is off the book one more to rid it is M.Richards. 

if transfer emergo is active it is meant we got to look for sell players to lift this problem that go buy player but in these timetable deadline is impossible for us to buy transfer to replace what we lost.

1 minute ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

if transfer emergo is active it is meant we got to look for sell players to lift this problem that go buy player but in these timetable deadline is impossible for us to buy transfer to replace what we lost.

Embargo was active, but based on the Telegraph article it has been lifted after the new owners gave the EFL assurances that we're stable.

Woodburn is an outstanding prospect. If we can bring him in he will score goals for fun at our level. A good deal for Liverpool as it will give him games and for us as his goals may make a big difference to our final league placing. Get it done quickly!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I dunno. If, like Wolves, we had the opportunity to bring Diogo Jota, Ruben Vinagre and Willy Boly  in on loan, with a view to a permanent move if we got promoted, I wouldn't be so bothered.

I get what you're saying, but the priority at the moment has to be getting back to the PL, and if we can sign quality players on loan I'd be OK with it. The problem I have is if we brought in "experienced" / crap PL players on loan, and then are obliged to buy them if we get promoted. i.e. The Bruce Way.

• Like 2

Â