Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Elphick would be right to be upset if he were replaced by Huth!

Why did Adkins at Hull go for Elphick and not Huth?

Let's hope that Huth is just a baseless rumour.

Not just that didn't Huth fail a medical with Stoke after training with them in summer.

He just wouldn't be worth the hassle

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Not exactly true is it? Diego Polenta (age 26 ex Bari CB) and Serdar Tasci (31, Ex German International ) are both on a free at moment and would be and massive improvement over Huth.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Polenta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serdar_Tasci

That would be asking Bruce to think outside the box. Actually, that's what he's already done by taking a player from outside the box and putting him in it! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can we just close this thread? I think it’s more a reflection on our desire to get a new CB in rather than any efforts by Bruce. 

It’s over, ladies and gentlemen. Bruce will be playing Jedi at CB until January (if the former is here that long). Tuanzebe might get the odd game there when there’s an injury. That’s it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

mainly a right back. Wouldnt be a position Bruce would ever want to strengthen 

Right back you say? We could always use one of those!

Ok so I understand not wanting Huth.

Yes Bruce should have address the CB problem with someone younger with a real future.

But the Elphick thing really?

When has Elphick done anything to justify being kept on? He has hardly played well for us at all and his performances this year have been no better than Jedi.......

11 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Ok so I understand not wanting Huth.

Yes Bruce should have address the CB problem with someone younger with a real future.

But the Elphick thing really?

When has Elphick done anything to justify being kept on? He has hardly played well for us at all and his performances this year have been no better than Jedi.......

So Elphick is worse than no central defender at all? worse than fresh air? He scored and played all right, that's a contribution that fresh air is not going to give.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smg said:

Loving the idea of buying players off Wikipedia it’s so simple can’t tnink why others haven’t done it.

Are you referring to my post by the two links to free agents on Wikipedia ? :D

i’ve actually seen both of them play so can pass judgement on them :)

Edited by Villan4Life

Â