Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Just now, rodders0223 said:

We probably do but we are so overstocked and have far too many to even think about adding to them imo.

Yeah I think that's a very valid point. Problem is we tend to get picked apart when the ball gets to that point on the pitch as we are too one paced. Adding McGinn and Hayden changes that. But, I'm not disputing your point, we are a bit overstocked.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The very last thing we need is another defensive midfielder, unless we have plans to move Whelan or Jedi out.

Yep, but this is negative Bruce ball isn't it. We'd be better off playing Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish in the middle, with the focus on a high press and keeping the ball, that way we wouldn't need a defensive midfielder for a good 80% of the games in this league. For the remaining 20% we could always wheel out Whelan. Typical Bruce, negative and uninspiring. 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I could have sworn he said 4 or 5 but I was bombing down the M40 at the time and may have misheard.

Ditto

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, but this is negative Bruce ball isn't it. We'd be better off playing Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish in the middle, with the focus on a high press and keeping the ball, that way we wouldn't need a defensive midfielder for a good 80% of the games in this league. For the remaining 20% we could always wheel out Whelan. Typical Bruce, negative and uninspiring. 

Nothing has even happened yet!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Heard he had a a strop when was subbed against Spurs if out of favour or fallen out with Benitez then who know's? stranger things have happened

I'm not sure stranger things have happened. He was basically their best player on Saturday. No way on earth he's going to be let go and go on loan in the Championship. Lots of players have a strop when they're subbed.

Can we all stop talking about loaning players who are starting for their teams in the premiership? Add to that list and for another topic, can we stop talking about bringing in managers who are doing well for their teams in the premiership too?!

18 minutes ago, Dick said:

Disagree. We need a more mobile defensive midfielder.

personally i'd rather we put thor in there more and tried to play on the front foot rather than depending on an out and out DMC

low down on the priorities list and as others have said should be based on a revolving door, failing that we go young on a loan to buy, hayden isnt ticking many boxes for me

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I'm not sure stranger things have happened. He was basically their best player on Saturday. No way on earth he's going to be let go and go on loan in the Championship. Lots of players have a strop when they're subbed.

Can we all stop talking about loaning players who are starting for their teams in the premiership? Add to that list and for another topic, can we stop talking about bringing in managers who are doing well for their teams in the premiership too?!

Called Speculation or basically offering suggestions on this topic which we can all do! That's the whole point of this thread fella!

Also Ritchie was happy to go to Stoke earlier on in summer as know the club want rid of him but couldn't get Townsend, old club Bournemouth wanted him to. He isn't happy at Newcastle i have friends who work at the club that have confirmed this.

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Diego Costa would be good if we want someone to hold the ball up ?.

come on mate :D you know what i mean can't compare Diego Costa to f***ing Matt Richie when are are targetting players. One is World Class and one is pretty good ;)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Swore I read that Bruce said we were looking at getting 2-3 in and that we were light up top so a winger and a striker are the priority? Seems strange that we're then linked to Clark and Hayden in that case.

I don’t know who’s Hayden,but didn’t Bruce said that we’re light in wide areas and in the top of the pitch?

We definitely need a GK and a RB to sort that out.

I don’t think a midfielder is a peiority, we need a CF, RW, CB and LB. So basically even loans won’t be enough unless one of them will be a squad player (or Morriera to be out of match sqauds).

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t know who’s Hayden,but didn’t Bruce said that we’re light in wide areas and in the top of the pitch?

I don’t think a midfielder is a peiority, we need a CF, RW, CB and LB. So basically even loans won’t be enough unless one of them will be a squad player (or Morriera to be out of match sqauds).

Central Mid for Newcastle ex Arsenal Youth prospect and nope he's not very good!

On 15/08/2018 at 19:38, Nigel said:

There is a difference between a a good pro like hutton who is doing a decent job out of position and a genuine attacking left back!

Out of position?  It's his new position and for me he plays it better than that of his "supposed" natural position which was right back!

Otherwise it was pointless giving him a contract extension considering the other 3 right backs we have at the club.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

8 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We definately don't.

The club has 7 over the 2 positions (excluding Hutton), these are the least 2 positions we need to focus on imo.

2 CB's and a ST for me should be our next priority.

Maybe Snoddy and someone to replace Taylor on the left on the wide positions too.

• Haha 1

Reece Oxford on loan? 

Not hearing or seeing many links to defenders, is a slight concern but hopefully we are working on deals. Bruce didn’t mention he was after a defender in his press conference, just that we are light in wide areas and up top, maybe he just forgot to mention it.

We desperately need a decent CB to partner Chester. A proper LB, winger and target man too. Has been a bit quiet, hopefully things will start advancing soon.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Out of position?  It's his new position and for me he plays it better than that of his "supposed" natural position which was right back!

Otherwise it was pointless giving him a contract extension considering the other 3 right backs we have at the club.

Yes 'out of position', hes a veteran right back who played left back for one season, regardless of how he performed.

Its moot anyway as we need someone younger faster and more attacking in that role.

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Central Mid for Newcastle ex Arsenal Youth prospect and nope he's not very good!

Well all of it doesn’t look promising. ?

We already have one ex Arsenal youth prospect, which isnt going well with him. Plus he’s playing in somewhere in the pitch which we don’t need and coming from the wrong club. ?

Â