Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Looking at our squad, if it stays the same as it is we won't go up imo. 

If selling Jack means we can bring in 3/4 guys that go straight into the first 11 and improve it, and gives us a better chance of promotion, I'm all for it. 

The squad is desperately in need of quality additions, if the only way we can do that is by selling Jack then so be it. 

We still have time to loan couple of players, I don’t think we need to sell him to get couple of new faces. But if we sold him we would need to replace with a significant figure, which I won’t trust in these couple of days. We will need a long term vision.

Anyway I don’t think I’ve noticed any of these players mentioned but having my mind with what posters on here says.

Stressful couple of days are coming. 

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We still have time to loan couple of players, I don’t think we need to sell him to get couple of new faces. But if we sold him we would need to replace with a significant figure, which I won’t trust in these couple of days. We will need a long term vision.

Anyway I don’t think I’ve noticed any of these players mentioned but having my mind with what posters on here says.

Stressful couple of days are coming. 

Even loan players need paying, and we still have FFP to worry about.

45 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Selling Andy Gray funded the 1981/82 Sides

Selling David Platt funded Big Rons Team building

Selling Dwight Yorke brought in Merson, Dublin etc

Not always the end of the world if you use the funds right

Selling James Milner and Gareth Barry faded any chance for us going to Europe.

Selling Ashley Young and Stewart Downing made us a lower midtable team with relegation fear until the end of every season.

Selling Christian Benteke and Fabian Delph, well, it costed us our Premier League record.?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Selling James Milner and Gareth Barry faded any chance for us going to Europe.

Selling Ashley Young and Stewart Downing made us a lower midtable team with relegation fear until the end of every season.

Selling Christian Benteke and Fabian Delph, well, it costed us our Premier League record.?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Even loan players need paying, and we still have FFP to worry about.

Shifting Gardner, Lansbury, Tshibola would sort things out. Richards has only one year left in his contract. We’ve already offload Gabby, Terry and Snodgrass wages. Hutton has lowered his wages.

There are a lot of variables which would suggest we could get through without selling Grealish. We could also sell either Kodjia or Adomah and sort things out.

The thing with Grealish assuming his form is upwards and no injuries its as you’re having asset which brings you reveneus, whenever you need you could sell and the longer you hold the more you sell it for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Do we have time to use it right? Is Bruce our main manager for the re-build? What if we failed promotion this season, where the fund will come from?

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What if me auntie had bollocks..

We have been saved, we aren't going into administration, we aren't selling our prized assets for £3.50, we are spending money on young, relatively exciting players, we have a reason to hope and believe again.
COME ON PEOPLE!

VillaTalk reminds me of the symptoms for general anxiety disorder.

Nothing but worrying about things we have zero control over until every scenario is made out to be way worse than it actually is. 

As you said the club is safe and everything seems to be going very well, but spend more than 5 minutes reading the threads here and it's nothing but gloom and worry and stress. 

I would love to see talk about our potential new signings without seeing "but what about FFP?!?!" mentioned as it's not our job to stress about that shit.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What if me auntie had bollocks..

We have been saved, we aren't going into administration, we aren't selling our prized assets for £3.50, we are spending money on young, relatively exciting players, we have a reason to hope and believe again.
COME ON PEOPLE!

Yeah, we are believing. We will always have hopes. Even in our relegation year I’ve been having some hopes.

Its just that I fear the worst. We’re in a much better position than last month. We were selling Jack for nothing. 

But everytime things seem to go well something step us back. When you see the players we had in our relegation year, many had qualities and were promising but came in the worst time. If we had Vlaar, Benteke for another season we would have a team.

Anyway, we’re in a much better position than the last couple of years. UTV!

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yeah, we are believing. We will always have hopes. Even in our relegation year I’ve been having some hopes.

Its just that I fear the worst. We’re in a much better position than last month. We were selling Jack for nothing. 

But everytime things seem to go well something step us back. When you see the players we had in our relegation year, many had qualities and were promising but came in the worst time. If we had Vlaar, Benteke for another season we would have a team.

Anyway, we’re in a much better position than the last couple of years. UTV!

If we had the likes of them now.....we would have a team.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we had the likes of them now.....we would have a team.

Polystyrene Ron !! ?? !!

Most overhyped and overrated player to grace our shirt  - absolute bottle job and totally made of glass......... 

• Like 1

Mcginn is class according to mates that watch spl he's young and spl is similar to championship so not much adjustments required sign him up we already got the Scottish cafu he could be the Scottish ronaldinho

• Like 1

To beat a dead horse, Sinclair was class in the SPL so I don't think it's a good indicator of talent. Plus our CM position is pretty stacked. Lansbury, and Thor can barely get minutes. No reason to sign another CM when we have more pressing needs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

To beat a dead horse, Sinclair was class in the SPL so I don't think it's a good indicator of talent. Plus our CM position is pretty stacked. Lansbury, and Thor can barely get minutes. No reason to sign another CM when we have more pressing needs. 

But Sinclair was also very good at this level for swansea wasn’t he?

• Like 2

Â