Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I dont want Ødegaard, Real Madrid often put in clauses in their contracts for loans that the players has to play/feature a certain amout of games or you have to pay penalties, same as Liverpool

• Like 1

Interesting article on Odegaard's development and the role he plays in the team:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749432-martin-odegaard-at-19-progress-report-on-the-norwegian-prodigy

A while back I read that he had big attitude problems and star players like Ronaldo did not like him due to poor work ethic. Who knows if that's true.

Edited by Mic09

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Interesting article on Odegaard's development and the role he plays in the team:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749432-martin-odegaard-at-19-progress-report-on-the-norwegian-prodigy

A while back I read that he had big attitude problems and star players like Ronaldo did not like him due to poor work ethic. Who knows if that's true.

I doubt that's true. He's always been a hard worker as far as I know.  There were eveb repors of him being one of the top performers on the post summer fitness test, even compared to the senior players. 

31 minutes ago, Skruff said:

There were eveb repors of him being one of the top performers on the post summer fitness test, even compared to the senior players. 

He should be, he's 19 and plays about 30 games per year compared to most of them playing 60+

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

I dont want Ødegaard, Real Madrid often put in clauses in their contracts for loans that the players has to play/feature a certain amout of games or you have to pay penalties, same as Liverpool

I don't suppose penalties would scare Sawiris & Edens too much. In fact, maybe they are FFP-deductible?   :)

• Haha 1

Odegaard can play on the right - in fact he'd play a bit like Snoddy, almost as an inside right forward as opposed to a out and out winger.

I'd take him.  A four of him, Green, Grealish and McGinn would mean we'd have an very technically gifted midfield.  The amount of free kicks they'd win around the box alone would be ridiculous!

If we do only make 3 more loan signings, my priority and suggestions would be as follows:

1. Centre Back -------> Terry
I know it's unlikely, I know he's not what we're targeting in terms of profile and I know his lack of pace means we play slightly deeper.  BUT... After the clown show at Yeovil it's obvious we need an organiser in there.  Fill the rest of the side with young, hungry players by all means, but we need experience in this position.  I'd be getting Tuanzebe to shadow him in training with the view to him perhaps beginning to share that right hand side CB slot in the second half of the season.

2. Striker (in the target man mold) -------> Abraham
Another unlikely one but we do need someone of this type who can some in and hit the ground running.  Kodjia showed in flashes last night that he can get back to his best, but it's going to be a gradual thing.  Bruce does need to learn how to get Hogan firing and put some trust in Davis once he's back fit, but I can't see either coming good immediately, plus they need to get fit.  RHM still doesn't look ready to me (given the tactics we're going to employ).

3. Right-sided mid/winger -------> Snoddy/Odegaard
Albert looks shot and Green is still showing signs of inconsistency, therefore Snodgrass replacement is vital.  Safe signing would be to get the man himself back - would certainly help with the teams cohesion as it wouldn't be as if he doesn't know the team.  As a more risky option Odegaard could be amazing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

4. Left back -------> ???
No obvious suggestion, but so long as we get someone technically decent and fast.  I've put this position last in terms of priority as we do have options... Can Taylor recapture his Swansea form?  Do we put Hutton there again?  Can De Laet or Bree shift over?  Tuanzebe?????  Whatever we do as a short term fix, it needs addressing in January!

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 3

So we’re linked to:

Odegaard, Snodgrass, Maddison, Success and Bolasie?

I don’t know who I would choose tbh.

Snoddy would definitely be a good one for this season.

Odegaard could potentially have a career with ud (its not easy for him to go into Real Madrid team). 

Maddison and Success could go either way. Bolasie could go either way but its a risk as he’s a short term signing which we would only need from him a season.

Saying that, I would be happy with any of them, we’re short of players in that area.

Although we obv tried to get Bryan before the Fulham rocket polishers swooped in, I don’t think LB is a priority. Hutton actually did shine there at the end of last year, and we have Taylor who is fine for back up, plus it means that we don’t have loads of RBs wasted - once Hutton is on the left we just have Elmo and RDL as the best two for the right back slot.

I think our loan priorities should definitely be a striker, in the Tammy Abraham vein, but perhaps not him as he seems keen to waste a year at Chelsea. 

... and a CB I would suggest Huth or similar as Elphick is dreadful and Axel is relatively unproven.

... and a right sided mid, like Snoddy last year (although he’s left footed) to cross and cut in from the right. 

So ST, CB and RM are crucial in my eyes.

Edited by alreadyexists

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Odegaard is very inconsistant in his performances from what i've read.

I'd rather have us using our loan deals on proven quality.

If it's loan to buy then the potential upside could be huge if he reaches anything close to his potential.  If there were no option to buy then yes I'd probably look elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

poor work ethic...............OUT.

Â