Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

8 hours ago, John said:

I hope we can bring Abraham in but I think he might want to stay where he is in the hope of getting the odd game. He also may not be prepared to drop down a division. Does anyone else think that Shane Long might prove an alternative who could do a job for us?

Just what we need, another striker who can't score.

I'm worried about the CB position still as demonstrated by Elphick yesterday and the fact that we're one injury away from having to use either him or Jedinak in that position. Kodjia I think will come good for us, but unless we start being more mobile and effective in our build-up play I doubt it even matters who we have on top. Still want a very promising striker option being brought in as I'm not fully convinced by any of our striking options.

I suppose we could need an LB as well since we're think on this front, but we have Hutton who can cover this position too and he really isn't too bad at this level.

Adomah can't seem to find form so winger is a position we could need strengthening in. I believe we could utilize Kodjia here if we bring in another striker, but as it stands right now we need one more option imo.

9 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Did anyone hear the commentator on tonights game saying that Bruce had been in touch with John Terry in the last few days?

It was said as a throw away comment, but makes me think if he's still in touch, is he hoping he can sway the new owners around to his way of thinking?  Perhaps JT is willing to take a cut from last seasons wages?

I'm not so sure it was throw away to be honest. I thought he put unnecessary emphasis on it like he thought he knew something. 

JT made a point of stating he had not retired which suggests he doesn't want to retire, yet he's not gone anywhere yet. He needs to decide on something soon. 

Edited by sidcow

CB, CF and RW are priorities. Worried that Bruce said after last night's game that there are 'one or two' irons in the fire. It was at least three before the Wigan game. Maybe Snoddy is a no go, now.

While I want Bruce to build a sustainable squad, I don't think a loan CB will help him (unless it's a loan to buy). Go in for Huth as a short term fix, then box clever in January or the summer for a long-term CB. 

The way Bruce is setting the team up, perhaps he needs more of a target man up top than a man like Abraham (who I assume is a speedster). Last night, it showed that Bruce will continue to bypass the midfield even when a player like RHM is up front. 

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Football 365 said we in a race with Bristol City for Sam McQueen. No idea where he plays or if any good 

Left Back but I have no idea if he is any good. Appears to have only played a few games for Southampton and spent 2015-6 season on loan at Southend... 

Think we might as well try and sign a big lump of a striker we can kick the ball at and hope it bounces in the right direction.

We clearly don't have the type of striker we need to play the way that we want to play. 

Bulk rather than mobility and technique.

Perhaps we can get Gestede back on loan? He'd fit the bill.

On a more serious note Saman Ghoddos has yet not signed for a new club since he's wobbling between Rennes in France and Huesca in Spain.

Loan with a set fee for January (£3m apparently) and make it happen.

He'd be class at this level.

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I get that but just saying if we signed more than 3 others then they wouldn't be involved in the 18 very much.

Nobody will play every match and if Moreira misses out for Bunn on a particular matchday squad so we can use somebody else, fine.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes but nobody is going to sign on loan to sit in the stands.

Well I doubt we're going to guarantee anyone a  starting spot so where does that leave us?

Pretty sure I've seen loanees sitting on benches before......

Â