Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is simple. The £6mill we have saved on Bryan - let's spend it on Benteke's wages. 

No thanks. He’s a busted flush now and a selfish git to boot!

4 minutes ago, jim said:

No thanks. He’s a busted flush now and a selfish git to boot!

He was good at Villa, I reckon we could provide the love and make him the man he was once more. He would squash most championship defenders. Obvs it's ludicrous, but c'mon, Benteke lines up for us? Delirium. 

• Like 1

2015 Benteke would score 40 goals in the division. 2018 Benteke is a bit of a mess. I love the romance of it but he seems like a bit of a bell end now who I doubt would apply himself to dropping down a division. We already have one striker who needs to get his old form back in Kodjia. I'd rather move on to somebody hungrier. Not that I think Benteke would come back here anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Three more loans would be great (if it's allowed). LB, CB and CF. Listed in order of priority. 

Think we can have up to 8 loans in total. 5 of which are allowed in the matchday squad

• Like 1

leicester this summer have signed jonny evans, a 21 year old croatian CB and now a 22 yar old turkish interantional CB, and they already have maguire

with him being the captain im not sure what they'll do with him but wes morgan on loan worth a shout? didnt see him last year

other than that they have Yohan Benalouane, they have also signed a oz LB called Callum Elder, dont know anything about him but it means they have 3 LBs (chilwell and fuchs)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

leicester this summer have signed jonny evans, a 21 year old croatian CB and now a 22 yar old turkish interantional CB, and they already have maguire

with him being the captain im not sure what they'll do with him but wes morgan on loan worth a shout? didnt see him last year

other than that they have Yohan Benalouane, they have also signed a oz LB called Callum Elder, dont know anything about him but it means they have 3 LBs (chilwell and fuchs)

Good shout. Plus they totally got Marc for nought and our capitulation under Sherwood SINGLE HANDILY gave them the momentum to win that title. So fairs fair 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ask them if we can have Albrighton back ?

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

God I miss Benteke, what a breath of fresh air he was. 

Its funny I don't at all. We probably got  the best season out of him during his whole career. He was professional with us, he signed the new contract and did a  good job. Plus we got   a massive fee for him when he went to Liverpool. He wasn't his fault we wasted the money in creating a dreadful team managed by tactics tim. But I don't think he ever really got  a affinity with Villa. He saw us a stepping stone, which was correct to a certain extent, except he is probably not as good as he thinks he is. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 8pints said:

What's the story with Hatem Ben Arfa?

Bad attitude? Poor fitness? Injury prone? Too high wage demands for his current form?

Because I'm surprised he's remained a free agent.

Or has someone snapped him up and I've not seen it? Or something else I'm missing?

Because he's not a bad player,

Image result for hatem ben arfa gif

Although he should have scored that.

He is a dickhead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its funny I don't at all. We probably got  the best season out of him during his whole career. He was professional with us, he signed the new contract and did a  good job. Plus we got   a massive fee for him when he went to Liverpool. He wasn't his fault we wasted the money in creating a dreadful team managed by tactics tim. But I don't think he ever really got  a affinity with Villa. He saw us a stepping stone, which was correct to a certain extent, except he is probably not as good as he thinks he is. 

Me neither, I posted much the same thing in another thread a week or so back. He came, gave us some good times, wanted to go, got bribed into staying a while longer, went for lots of money and has never been the same player as he was in his best season for us.

And that decline has nothing to do with him having left his "spiritual home" of AVFC and not feeling the Holte's warm love. AVFC wasn't ever his home, it was a place of temporary employment to him and he didn't reciprocate any Holte-love - he just liked the ego-fellating the cheers and applause gave him, like most players.

That guy wasn't Carew, even if he was bigger than me and you. I don't want to see him back, he's the past and if he wants to get himself back to top form let him do it elsewhere on someone elses payroll. We've already got enough overpaid, underperforming or dead weights poncing off us.

• Like 2

I feel we need a redemption story = The redemption of Aston Villa from 'Play-off pain to Promotion' symbolised in one player, written off for past indiscretions but redeemed as a key part of an emerging Villa side.

I know what you're gonna say, that those type of players poison team spirit and we are not a charity and we have too much toxicity in our recent past.

But

If we get the right type of one, I have a good feeling a maverick, a loose cannon, a rebel with a heart of gold, is the last piece needed for the resurgence of the mighty Villa.

Merson, God, Les Sealey, Carew, Terry, Morely....I could go on (Please don't I hear you cry)  It's not a Villa team without a firecracker, a radical, a free spirit,  a controversial character who consistently inspires and enthrals.

Who is the closest we have currently? Hutton?

Balotelli is a free agent at the moment :) I know, I know...he's not a goalkeeper.

And no, I haven't been drinking.

Well, I have but not 8 pints lolol ?

Just 7...

of absinthe

• Like 4

Â