Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

48 minutes ago, Jareth said:

There's one loan will make all the difference, and it rhymes with codwazz

Dale Stephens?

• Haha 2

Very pleased with the McGinn signing, Tuanzebe and the new keepers will wait and see, Grealish staying is effectively like a 30m+ new signing especially considering he missed loads of last season.

We deffo need a LB of course so a loan needed there, i agree strikers are all off the boil for one reason or another but i have high hopes for RHM once he's gotten used to things in the first team.

Another 3 loans needed in my eyes for us to realistically maintain a challenge.

Striker, LB, RW & possibly another CD

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a great window because our team is still in tact and we can challenge. But I still think we are weaker than last season. I’m hoping so is the league in general.

Whilst i know nothing about our new keeper, i wasn't fan of Johnstone at all so i reserve judgement on that one. 

So for me we only miss Terry and Snodgrass. Now i know they are big misses, but i still think we will be stronger. 

We have a quality additions to midfield in McGinn, and I'm sure we will add a coupleof loans aswell. 

By the end the loan window i think we will be at least as as strong as last year, if not stronger.

42 minutes ago, jim said:

Dale Stephens?

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He is still in the hotel waiting for the call to sign the contract.

I thought he was chained up in JulieB's basement along with the bones of Miguel & Robbie Keane .. 

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a great window because our team is still in tact and we can challenge. But I still think we are weaker than last season. I’m hoping so is the league in general.

Don’t think we are finished in any way yet. Still expect to see us loan at least 3 more. Probably a left back, a winger and a striker. We will then be stronger than last season in my view. Good times ahead hopefully ?

• Like 2

RHM will emerge this year as a player I reckon but we'll definitely loan a striker too. I still think Hogan, if used right in a front two and not on his own with the ball lumped up to him will be useful. Kodjia needs to get his shit together. Unplayable when he wants to be. Knock the sulking and the greediness out and get fit and he could be lethal again. We'll have more drive from midfield with Grealish and McGinn and  the odd Doyle Hayes cameo. When O'Hare is fit again he'll be great.

Left back, we'll probably still be after but DeLaet and Hutton can play there as well as Taylor even though he's not great. Centre half is weaker. Chester and Tuanzebe obvious starters but Elphick is poor and Jedinak is no centre half long term. One of the youngsters will have to step up but we may get another one on loan. Right back is fine obviously as we have 36 players who can play there. We're light on wide players. I'm very keen to see Green play as a starter. Adomah, Elmo and Thor cover this area as well but another quick loan player would ace.

100% Nylan, Moreira and Steer means we're good for keepers. Nylan looks better than Johnstone from what I've seen.

A few more loans and we're looking strong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Don’t think we are finished in any way yet. Still expect to see us loan at least 3 more. Probably a left back, a winger and a striker. We will then be stronger than last season in my view. Good times ahead hopefully ?

I think you’re right. Plus we have winnable games with the current squad so hopefully we strengthen a squad that is top of the league.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

So no Success in this window.

Nope. I guess we’re looking elsewhere to loan a wide midfielder, we also need to loan a striker.

I’m not so bothered about LB, I know we tried and failed to get Bryan, but I think with Taylor, Hutton and can RDL play there? We’ve got some cover for now.

Yeah couple of loans. LB, RW and CB for me. I think McGinn will be very important to others such as Jack and the strikers. He seems direct and energetic, the type to be able to push us up the pitch, as at times the forward players can look a little isolated and subsequently crowded out.

• Like 1

so 3 loans left so going to throw down some reasonable and mostly unreasonable names ?

Snodgrass/Lookman/Bolasie

I can't see Drinkwater getting much gametime at Chelsea now, he would be a very strong addition for this league.

Holding at Arsenal won't get much either barring an injury crisis, which can never be ruled out at Arsenal.

Connor Wickham at Palace might suit us, but I'd rather Kodija & Hogan get their act together and use RHM & Green as backup instead.

Well that would be £6m down the drain.

The new owners are trying to run the club sensibly. Bruce has mentioned a process, that will take time, and no more boom or bust.

The days of spunking  money and wages on short term fixes are gone.

Rightfully.

Benteke is probably Palace's starting striker or at least the first guy off the bench. There is no way they'd loan him anywhere. If one injury happens to a striker, they are left with very few options. 

Â