Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Why are people jumping on the 'working with Mendes' wagon? Just because the GK has him as an agent it doesn't mean he's going to flood us with young talent like Wolves. I'm sure Wolves are paying him very well for what he's doing with them and wouldn't like their local rivals getting the same benefits.

The sun reported we are working closely with him and have 3-4 more signings lined up.

but it is the sun after all. 

Also surely Mendes must do what’s best for his players. Not for any particular club. 

Finallly I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have local rivals in the same league. Competition is healthy and it’s good the for region. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, rodders0223 said:

if there was any chance of JT coming back he would be training with us right now. It's just not going to happen.

And he shouldn’t be either. The club can no longer pay those kind of wages whilst in this league. Plus JT was starting to look a bit leggy near the end of the season. I think he will go abroad or call it a day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

By that logic, we should be replacing everyone who played in that final. As you say, they all failed to gain promotion therefore are not good enough.

With regards to last season, we finished 4th and lost in the playoff final, thus rubber stamping our 4th place finish.

The 3 best teams (over the 507 games a season or thereabouts) went up, sick of hearing about last season as if we had a divine right or even deserved to go up, we didn't, move on, we go again, etcetera etcetera.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

if there was any chance of JT coming back he would be training with us right now. It's just not going to happen.

That’s true, but he did say he’s keeping himself fit while keeping his options open. I doubt he’s let himself go in any way during the summer. I imagine he’d still be ready to go straight back in if needed.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

99% bullshit but hey ho, it's fun to speculate,

It would be a cheeky way to get him back as a player by dangling a coaching role as a part of the offer but I can't see £15k a week clinching the deal. 

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

With regards to last season, we finished 4th and lost in the playoff final, thus rubber stamping our 4th place finish.

The 3 best teams (over the 507 games a season or thereabouts) went up, sick of hearing about last season as if we had a divine right or even deserved to go up, we didn't, move on, we go again, etcetera etcetera.

I don’t believe we were more deserving to go up than any of the teams above us, the best three teams went up and that’s that. My point is the team we had last season could very well go up this season, and that just because they failed previously does not mean that they would fail again. Games this season won’t necessarily have the same outcome as last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Wouldn't mind JT as a coach and a backup defender. 

Definitely think we need a new CB.

I'd also like Snoddy back and I would be tempted to put him in a CM role if we could sign a another pacy winger. 

Midfield of 

Snoddy - Hourihane

Woodburn       Grealish        Green

Might work quite well?

I quite like the idea of playing snoddy as a CM. Its basically the same thing we did with Milner.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I quite like the idea of playing snoddy as a CM. Its basically the same thing we did with Milner.

Yup, he's got the drive and energy to be a complete box to box midfielder imo, just like Milner as you said. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

After that article he put on his Instagram that it was all bollocks.

The reliable Daily Mirror..

First JT retires then Jacks going to Spurs.

Rightly stated, both stories turned out to be utter bollocks!

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I don’t believe we were more deserving to go up than any of the teams above us, the best three teams went up and that’s that. My point is the team we had last season could very well go up this season, and that just because they failed previously does not mean that they would fail again. Games this season won’t necessarily have the same outcome as last season.

We can't be sure that Adomah or even Snodgrass could play the whole season inform. Actually we've seen Adomah declinning toward the end of the season. Terry would definitly do worse than he did last season, and he didnt have a preseason yet.

Anyway I would take the two of them for sure as it stands now, for the right wages, we will still miss Johnstone unless our new guy good is up for it.

Will they be enough for promotion? Well, there are a lot of factors, we began last season without Jack, Kodjia and even Adomah was benched for Elmo.

We will be having Birkir around, on the other hands Snodds, Johnstone and Terry had big effects last season.

Also there is another factor, teams that are coming down arent Hull or Sunerland.

We are still having Boro who would be a big threat.

We cant be sure whos going to come with a new shape from those unexpected teams. Us, Wolves and Cardiff were lower midtable teams the season before that, all of us ended on top 4, the other was 6th (Fulham).

I think this season is much harder than last season by the look of it.

12 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We can't be sure that Adomah or even Snodgrass could play the whole season inform. Actually we've seen Adomah declinning toward the end of the season. Terry would definitly do worse than he did last season, and he didnt have a preseason yet.

Anyway I would take the two of them for sure as it stands now, for the right wages, we will still miss Johnstone unless our new guy good is up for it.

Will they be enough for promotion? Well, there are a lot of factors, we began last season without Jack, Kodjia and even Adomah was benched for Elmo.

We will be having Birkir around, on the other hands Snodds, Johnstone and Terry had big effects last season.

Also there is another factor, teams that are coming down arent Hull or Sunerland.

We are still having Boro who would be a big threat.

We cant be sure whos going to come with a new shape from those unexpected teams. Us, Wolves and Cardiff were lower midtable teams the season before that, all of us ended on top 4, the other was 6th (Fulham).

I think this season is much harder than last season by the look of it.

I completely agree, I thinks it’s a tougher league this year than it has been for the last 2. My point was that the argument of “these players failed last year therefore they aren’t good enough” doesn’t wash with me. What if we’d started the season with Jack and Kodjia? What if we’d rotated the squad after the wolves game? There are many factors at play, and while that team could have finished even lower, it could have finished higher too. If we’d ended up 10th then that argument would have some weight behind it, but missing out by a few points shows that that team over the course of the season deserved to be there abouts at the end of the season.

Snodgrass isn't quick enough to cover CM and Hourihane goes missing for large parts of games. A centre midfield of those two would be disastrous in my opinion. I like both players but we need at least one highly mobile centre midfielder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Snodgrass isn't quick enough to cover CM and Hourihane goes missing for large parts of games. A centre midfield of those two would be disastrous in my opinion. I like both players but we need at least one highly mobile centre midfielder.

Woodburn?

Â