Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Conveniently missed that part above or?

"You seem quite angry, not sure why"

Because the "He only spent 2.5 mill" is blatant FAKE NEWS and spin bordering the highest levels of government and media corruption which keeps being regurgitated.

Some of the players he signed wages alone blow that out of the water, and you know it!

i am genuinely baffled how people can say that with a straight face and conscience.

If I offer a player £100k/week, does that make him suddenly awesome?!

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's exactly that, with the obvious one being to praise him for doing a better job than all the other clubs in the league with a measly "2•5 mill budget"

Context is everything, and the context is PURPOSELY manipulated to suit an agenda.

Fair enough JV, always read your posts with interest and although I don’t always agree I like the passion with which you post.

I would say the only difference between an opinion and an agenda is intention? 

• Thanks 1

FFS....this poster on poster stuff is boring now.....this is the transfer thread.....let's have posts about transfers please.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3

I think we need linking players, especially if it gonna be a 3-5-2 that we play.

The three sections of outfield players can look isolated with our current tactics.

It's what Grealish is good at and it seems to be what Woodburn is good at so I'd welcome him and any others who play in a style that knits the team together.

Cue knitting puns.

Ten days till the window closes and it cant close soon enough for me. I just want to see it end with us keeping our good players now we are told we dont have to sell them.  A few loaners is all we are getting and the deadline is a bit longer for that also Bruce and the club seem to have a decent eye for loans so thats fine.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Except Snodgrass is 30 (31 in Sept), and we might only pay a portion of his weekly wage. Plus we have our own youth who are coming through, we are already paying and are doing well.

Bruce has signed a couple of over 30s, but Snodgrass and Terry, made our team much better last year.

We failed last year, the definition of insanity is to continue making the mistakes of the past.

we are so one paced it is untrue, another 30 something is not the answer.  I love Snoddy but head is ruling heart here, give me some pacey, direct, hungry players!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Yea but if we sign crap youngsters then we aren’t ever going to get promoted either, I’m sure there’s many hungry young players out there, but how many are going to be as talented as Snodgrass?

You’d rather gamble 60k a week on youngsters who might never reach the standard required just because they are young and hungry?

I’m sure every club in professional football wants young players with ability, but you also have to consider if your a manager you are not afforded time to gamble on the hope a youngster might come good. 

I’d rather pepper our squad with experience so the younger players can learn from them, look at the effect John Terry had on Grealish, without Terry would Grealish have changed his ways? 

No, I would rather not gamble and instead have a scouting system that finds the right mentality, desire and ability in those players.  Then I would have options to buy them.

Constantly bringing in 30 something’s is not sustainable and sees us working on a plan that is only as good as your current year, invest in younger players and you plan for the future.

How many crap 30+ players do we have but yet you only mention Terry?  You can gamble and get it wrong on players no matter what their age, Villa has a litany of them, NZogbia, Samba, Richards, etc

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, macandally said:

We failed last year, the definition of insanity is to continue making the mistakes of the past.

we are so one paced it is untrue, another 30 something is not the answer.  I love Snoddy but head is ruling heart here, give me some pacey, direct, hungry players!

This quote comes up from time to time and I find it annoying. Because that isn’t the definition of insanity, insanity is so much more complex.

But anyway, we disagree and that’s fine :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, macandally said:

No, I would rather not gamble and instead have a scouting system that finds the right mentality, desire and ability in those players.  Then I would have options to buy them.

Constantly bringing in 30 something’s is not sustainable and sees us working on a plan that is only as good as your current year, invest in younger players and you plan for the future.

How many crap 30+ players do we have but yet you only mention Terry?  You can gamble and get it wrong on players no matter what their age, Villa has a litany of them, NZogbia, Samba, Richards, etc

Good job we don't constantly do that, then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, macandally said:

Totally agree, who on earth needs that position to provide 14 assists - bring back Adama Traore I say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, he may be 30, he may be a bit slow and not a traditional wide player but god do I love Snoddy and he loves both the club and the fans back just as much. Probably my favourite player for us in the past decade. If we can get him back on loan 100% do it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JohnStortford said:

Yes, he may be 30, he may be a bit slow and not a traditional wide player but god do I love Snoddy and he loves both the club and the fans back just as much. Probably my favourite player for us in the past decade. If we can get him back on loan 100% do it.

Agreed. He’s not quick but he’s effective. Hopefully if he does come back he gets rotated a bit more as he completely flagged towards the end of the season. 

Also, as he came to us after being ostrisised at W Ham he was completely unfit at the start of the loan spell after no pre season. 

If we can bring him back, he’s fit after playing pre season and can be rotated with Adomah and Green this season. Could be an even better signing and season for him! 

It’s meant to be! Bring Snoddy home!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Nzogbia?! He left two years ago when he was 30 and signed for us when he was 25/26! 

Micah signed for us when he was 27, he is only 30 now and only here cos we can’t get rid of him, and when he was young and hungry he was very highly sought after, would Micah have fitted in the young and hungry criteria ten years ago? 

21 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Can’t see us getting Woodburn and Snodgrass unless Grealish is going!! 

I don't know. 3 from Green, Grealish, Snodgrass, Adomah, Woodburn and O' Hare behind a striker sounds good to me over a long season. Plus there will be times Grealish plays as CM and Green or Woodburn as strikers.

• Like 1

Â