Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Snodgrass is a definite yes, one of the best players in the side last season, excellent with set pieces, can create moments of magic (Sheff Utd last season), the fans love him and he is a massive boost to a dressing room.

For me his form dipped last season, along with Adomah. But this season we have the boost of Green and hopefully O'Hare to push them and fill in to rest them.

Kodjia too if we can find a front man :thumb:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Four further players hmm wonder who. By the sounds of things Gregg Evans is close to Bruce and gets most of his info from him or someone very close to him whereby Nixon obviously is closer to the agents.

I dunno, Nixon had been Mr. Bruce in the past. His tweets today indicate that Bruce knew nothing of Andre Moreira and knows nothing of the other four. He can still put forward recommendations, but they will be weighed up against Mendes' recommendations. 

I asked if Bruce could work in those conditions and Nixon said he won't walk with £2m compo on the table. But yes, Nixon is one of the 'Bruce gang'. 

I reckon Mendes won't be happy for long if Bruce is failing with his players and we'll probably see a change at the top before long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Another winger as well as Snodgrass? Don’t forget about Adomah

Agree with that. Snodgrass, Green and Albert is a good mix. If Green would have been fit last season then I think Albert and Snoddy would have benefited from the rotation.

• Like 1

I do like that our new owners are part of the "if you can't beat em' join em'" camp. It pissed me off when there was talk that Villa/Xia were one of the clubs asking for an investigation against Wolves. I don't care if Villa/Xia didn't like how Wolves got ahead, it was **** smart and Villa should have done this 6 months ago. 

• Like 2

Maybe Bruce is happy to work under these conditions, but if he is just hanging around for compo then that's not great for the club. Maybe they struck an agreement that he would hold shop for the moment until the new guy was available. 

• Like 1

I have been quietly hopeful that Snoddy would come back on loan again at subsidised wages. He loved it here, Bruce loves him, the club loved him and we are a big stage for him to play at. The only potential spanner is someone in the PL offering him a deal, beyond that I believe we are front runners as a choice.

We rely so heavily on Jack to create for us, having Snoddy weighing in with assists and goals gives us another avenue for goals and eases the pressure on Jack. Get him signed!

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have been quietly hopeful that Snoddy would come back on loan again at subsidised wages. He loved it here, Bruce loves him, the club loved him and we are a big stage for him to play at. The only potential spanner is someone in the PL offering him a deal, beyond that I believe we are front runners as a choice.

Don't know if I'm being nievely sentimental but I'd guess it would have to be a hell of an offer to stop him coming back here! 

If we get Snodgrass we are absolutely sorted in terms of attacking mid/wing options. Snodgrass, Adomah, Grealish (I'm assuming he stays at this point tbh), O'Hare, Green.

We don't need another striker: a fully fit Kodjia with Hogan back-up is good enough at this level if used correctly and we don't have enough money to get a genuine upgrade.

If we can get in a dynamic DM I am all for it because I don't value Jedinak or Whelan as playmakers, nor really the CM in front of them. Ideally we need a dictator-style player but I mean a) that's not Bruce and b) again, it's not the most urgent priority. Maybe Bjarnason I think is best now for this role if we are taking the game to the opposition, which we should be most weeks. Jedinak against Stoke/Albion.

We need a keeper BADLY. I also refuse to accept that Hutton will be our first-choice left-back all season. We need a better option.

Get rid of de Laet, Gardner, Tshibola (don't think he's bad might be able to get a bit of money for a player who won't be used much). Ideally Taylor, Lansbury and McCormack because they are all on too much money but good luck with that. Otherwise I am happy with our squad if we keep the big boys.

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Unfortuntaly we do... it's looking likely that we will go into the first game of the season without a striker unless Kodjia is fit. If we can get someone in on loan (Abraham would be fantastic...) then we will be all set.

You only have to look at the difference that Mitrovic provided for Fulham to see the importance of a goal scoring striker.

I think a Mitrovic type striker is exactly what we need... anyone know of a Portuguese equivalent we can get through our new international super agents? :ph34r:

I would like us to try and go for someone like Cyle Larin who is a very good player and scored 4 in 4 since signing for Besiktas from Orlando city in Jan 2018 and looked good in MLS as well.

Edited by Villan4Life

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Maybe Bruce is happy to work under these conditions, but if he is just hanging around for compo then that's not great for the club. Maybe they struck an agreement that he would hold shop for the moment until the new guy was available. 

Exactly this. Presumably it would have been discussed in his meeting last week and he's obviously happy to stick around, he probably likes being at a club like this and his worst case scenario is a massive payoff. 

42 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Don't know if I'm being nievely sentimental but I'd guess it would have to be a hell of an offer to stop him coming back here! 

Yeah I am the same as you. I think it would have to be a decent club/offer. Maybe the lure of pl football might sway him, but like you I think if Villa and West Ham agree a deal he would be here in a shot.

Â