Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I know we need to bolster the squad, but would I take an average, 30 year old, injury prone player at a position we currently have plenty of depth in?  No.

Admittedly I don't know anything about David McGoldblum or whatever he's called, but if our financial situation is as bad as reported, then we will need to settle for average players on low wages. If the alternative is relying on our youngsters, it could cost us if they don't perform as we all hope.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Admittedly I don't know anything about David McGoldblum or whatever he's called, but if our financial situation is as bad as reported, then we will need to settle for average players on low wages. If the alternative is relying on our youngsters, it could cost us if they don't perform as we all hope.

Thing is Rob I just don't see us shifting all the current average players we have on high wages, so adding to them, regardless of the cost just isn't sensible - unless it's in a position where we're pretty desperate.

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Thing is Rob I just don't see us shifting all the current average players we have on high wages, so adding to them, regardless of the cost just isn't sensible - unless it's in a position where we're pretty desperate.

If the reports are true then we surely need to shift players. Even if that means we sell them for a cut price and commit to paying them a small amount of weekly wages until the end of their current contract (to make up for potentially lower wages that other clubs could offer). As long as the new players we bring in, plus any other outgoings, work out at a lower weekly wage spend than we currently have, then we'll still have to do it. If the alternative is simply not paying bills/ wages and going into administration, then some players will need to be shifted.

If we need to shift players, then we shouldn’t be replacing them with garbage. Davis and Hepburn-Murphy are basically fringe first team anyway - just use them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're still o.k for strikers, Kodjia, Hogan, Davis and RHM has to get a chance for this season instead of just warming the bench.

Mcgoldrick scored 20 for Ipswich a few years back but he's been injuy prone last two seasons. I saw Ipswich play Norwich few months back and they put him on to hold the ball up and he could barely run.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

If the reports are true then we surely need to shift players. Even if that means we sell them for a cut price and commit to paying them a small amount of weekly wages until the end of their current contract (to make up for potentially lower wages that other clubs could offer). As long as the new players we bring in, plus any other outgoings, work out at a lower weekly wage spend than we currently have, then we'll still have to do it. If the alternative is simply not paying bills/ wages and going into administration, then some players will need to be shifted.

Don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying but...

Firstly I don't think we're on the brink of administration.  Whilst I'll freely admit that I could be wrong, I think we'd have been sold on by now if that were the case.  Tony playing hard ball with bidders (if true) makes me think he must have found the means with which to pay the bills for a little while longer yet.

My hunch is that he'll play it cool until the end of the summer transfer window (unless we get sold in the meantime) and see where we are before selling on the cheap/subsidising wages of outgoing players.  If someone comes in with decent money for Grealish and possibly Chester then his problems are solved, if not he's got January to do the whole fire-sale thing.

Also I think a lot of clubs are hovering over us like the proverbial vultures,  hoping we get desperate and do exactly what you're suggesting we do.  Come the end of the window and we've hopefully survived, we'll be in a much better selling position.  Who knows, we might even be able to offload a few of our unwanted, high earners for a half decent fee ? madly optimistic I know, but not beyond the realms of impossibility.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Windows already shut for us

5 hours ago, John said:

We have had our windows boarded up.

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Pretty sure we'll still have our backdoor smashed in. Levy style.

We haven't got any windows or a backdoor.

We've got a few pieces of cardboard and a dog on a string.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

We haven't got any windows or a backdoor.

We've got a few pieces of cardboard and a dog on a string.

& we have no money for dog food and are open to offers for the piece of string...

• Haha 1

I thought De Laet had already been sold, but he’s in the photo gallery of our players returning for pre-season training.

Just the 5 right backs in our squad then..

44 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I thought De Laet had already been sold, but he’s in the photo gallery of our players returning for pre-season training.

Just the 5 right backs in our squad then..

think Belgian club had option to buy. doubt his salary would be afforded by them

On 03/07/2018 at 09:43, jacketspuds said:

Maybe they're doing what we did and chucking everything at it in the hope of getting promoted, then if it fails they can just potentially go in to administration too. FFP working a treat.

If you havent worked it out yet - Forest are this seasons Mendes Project

Man City are about to buy Daniel Arzani from feeder club Melb City and loan him out ala Aaron Mooy

Would be a good replacement for Snoddy and be a very cheap loan option for us...   could do worse

Â