Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

33 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Did anyone else hear the commentators garbage comment last night, stating Tuanzebe claims to be a right back? Pretty sure he’s plucked that completely out of his ar*e!!

I don’t think he’s ever proclaimed to be a right back has he? 

If that is even remotely true then it makes the signing even more baffling considering we have 54 right-backs on our books.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Did anyone else hear the commentators garbage comment last night, stating Tuanzebe claims to be a right back? Pretty sure he’s plucked that completely out of his ar*e!!

I don’t think he’s ever proclaimed to be a right back has he? 

No.

Bruce told him he can play across the back 4..

But, Axel is a centre back.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought he had a good game in the PNE onslaught, good battle with Calum Robinson throughout. Not easy having Bree as a partner but thought he did well in the circumstances.

He was excellent seeing him off, raw pace, strength and composure under pressure. Took up the mantle.

On 29/09/2018 at 13:13, AvfcRigo82 said:

No.

Bruce told him he can play across the back 4..

But, Axel is a centre back.

If you've watched the second half tonight you'll see all our right backs can play anywhere across the back 4 competently.?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I make him our only available centre half for next 3 games. holy shit what a mess this club is

That sort of red card is only a one game ban for Chester. Who knows we might get it overturned if we show the ref highlights of the Denmark-Croatia game he obviously didn't watch.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Diabolical player of the highest imaginable order

He actually did o.k for the most part. Got infront of Robinson many times when they were both sprinting for the ball and also made a really good tackle on him in the box sometime in the second half.

Not amazing but decent enough in the difficult circumstances. Bree was the obvious weak link that PNE were exploiting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Diabolical player of the highest imaginable order

Couldn't agree less. He was good—even with the scoreline. How we haven't been playing him at CB I'll never understand.

As for the second half, I find it hard to blame him when the likes of Hutton did their best to pass the ball to Preston at every opportunity and the midfield was all over the place. By the time Preston got to him (over and over again) they'd breezed past half our team. The sub we needed to nullify Johnson came about 40 minutes too late.

• Like 2

I thought that was his best performance for us to be honest (low bar obviously). He did the stuff he usually does, great recovery pace, strong, decent enough on ball but unusually he also won a few headers and generally looked fairly well positioned which given what we've been watching with Jedinak was actually nice to see. 

My main disappointment with him from last night though was I really wanted to see him take charge and grow in stature when Chester went off. He should have been screaming at Bree all the time and making sure that everything that came in the box was his. It didn't happen at all. He's still way too inexperienced and doesn't look to have the temperament where he is going to thrive when under pressure. He might make a decent player but its going to take a while and be a real project. 

Edited by villaglint

Â