Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Just seen this in the Mail, I wonder what this actually means?

CONSIDERING FREE AGENTS

“It’s an alternative that we could look at.

“But I made a pledge to Axel that he will play.

“He can play centre-half, too, as can Mile.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-cannot-just-stockpile-players-15155200

Would explain why he's been shoehorned into RB despite us already having multiple actual RB's on our books.

Top stuff.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Just seen this in the Mail, I wonder what this actually means?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-cannot-just-stockpile-players-15155200

Would explain why he's been shoehorned into RB despite us already having multiple actual RB's on our books.

Top stuff.

Right, I'm trying to wrap my head around if making a "pledge" to a Manchester United loanee is worth sacrificing the balance and performance of our team.

Don't know what to say really.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

He's going need some time to form a partnership with Chester. I think that's why he's been played at RB. Play in a slightly less important position until he was comfortable enough to be thrown in at CB. Was glad to see him line up at CB today. Never going to know if he's good enough if he doesn't play at his natural position.

I thought he did ok. Still don't have that commanding and calming presence that we got from Terry. But we never will.

The kid did ok today.  If Terry comes in I will be delighted but if not the Axel has attributes to be a good player just a shame we are going to have to live (and die) through his mistakes during that maturing process. I would feel more comfortable with a presence behind him but so far Nyland isn’t that, that combination may bring us unstuck but we don’t have any other options. Best of a bad/average situation.

On 07/09/2018 at 08:14, Stevo985 said:

Given that 90% of what you post is, in my opinion, absolute **** drivel, I've taken your opinion of Tuanzebe with a pinch of salt ;) 

I'm glad to hear the input from someone who claims to have seen him play a lot more than I have. But that doesn't mean I have to believe it.

If he's done as well in the past as you claim then it makes me think that he has a lot of potential. But, again, in a Villa shirt he has shown absolutely nothing.

Mr pot, meet Mrs Kettle.

Tuanzebe in. 

42 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Mr pot, meet Mrs Kettle.

Tuanzebe in. 

It’s sweet that you’ve started following me around. 

I’m taken though.

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I didn’t see the game as I was travelling back from a holiday, but from the above clip alone he needs to be starting ahead of Jedinak at centre back. He offers so much more there. IMO he will only grow and get better there too. 

He needs to start because that's the only way he'll get better.

But that clip leaves out the couple of huge mistakes he made in the first half that luckily we got away with.

He's very raw but like I said before if he's the plan then the sooner he gets up to speed the better. So just play him.

I'd still have preferred we signed a new CB but with what we've got we may as well gamble on Tuanzebe's potential and hope he realises some of it soon.

Â