Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 06/09/2018 at 20:29, AvfcRigo82 said:

You couldn't be further away from the truth imo.

Bruce is doing a wonderful job of damaging this lad that we have fans already writing him off before he's even got going and has now bewildered certain sectors of the fans that much that he is making players with enormous potential look poor and people are buying into this plague of Brucism.

This clown of a so-called manager needs removed!

Not sure i can blame Bruce for this and i want Bruce gone yesterday.  Everyone is calling for Tuanzebe to be in CB.  He switches off badly at least twice a game (maybe inexperience, maybe quality), something you cant do in CB in the championship.  To Bruces credit i think he may know this.  Just because Jedinak does the same when he is CB doesnt mean we replace him with Tuanzebe.  Two wrongs dont make a right.     

Edited by HeyAnty

Really weird. I've seen some posts that seemed sure there's no pay if he doesn't play deal. Is there any other kind of deal? minimum appearances that sort of thing? Hard to understand why he'd loan him in to play right back.

He may well turn out to be a good CB. We wont know until/unless he plays there and so far he's played everywhere but there in both seasons.

24 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Really weird. I've seen some posts that seemed sure there's no pay if he doesn't play deal. Is there any other kind of deal? minimum appearances that sort of thing? Hard to understand why he'd loan him in to play right back.

He may well turn out to be a good CB. We wont know until/unless he plays there and so far he's played everywhere but there in both seasons.

Getting him used to the physicality of the league so he's actually ready to play CB when we need him to? At the moment he's being outmuscled and out jumped by everyone because he's not used to these sort of players getting at him, you can't get away with that at CB, maybe after a couple of months at RB he'll get used to it? 

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

maybe after a couple of months at RB he'll get used to it? 

So we are supposed to have our 4 senior RB's on the bench so that Alex can potentially develop into a CB some time in the future for the benefit of Man U and detriment of us?

Yeah, no thanks.

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Everyone is calling for Tuanzebe to be in CB.  He switches off badly at least twice a game (maybe inexperience, maybe quality), something you cant do in CB in the championship.  To Bruces credit i think he may know this.

So why the f*** did he/we sign him then??

Congratulations once again to the manager. Terrific job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

So we are supposed to have our 4 senior RB's on the bench so that Alex can potentially develop into a CB some time in the future for the benefit of Man U and detriment of us?

Yeah, no thanks.

Well I'd imagine the plan is to help him for when he's CB for us later in the season...say the plan is for him to be CB from Jan, that's still half a season there which will help us for the run in, although I'd hope he'll be ready earlier than that as we are desperate for bodies there

Just now, weedman said:

Well I'd imagine the plan is to help him for when he's CB for us later in the season...say the plan is for him to be CB from Jan, that's still half a season there which will help us for the run in, although I'd hope he'll be ready earlier than that as we are desperate for bodies there

If that is the plan, then it's a horrible plan that might very likely end up costing Bruce the job.

Silver lining I guess...

19 minutes ago, sne said:

If that is the plan, then it's a horrible plan that might very likely end up costing Bruce the job.

Silver lining I guess...

Well it's all speculation anyway, maybe he's just not good enough but we panicked with our impending administration and "everyone for sale" and he was brought in as he was available, knew the club and we had no money for anyone else 

• Like 2

On 08/09/2018 at 04:34, Kiwivillan said:

Jedinak has been at fault for 0/8 goals in last 4 games but lets replace him with Tuanzebe at fault for 3/8 because natural positions and herd mentality

Kiwi I know you love Jedi but would you not agree having him in his correct position would not only make us alot more solid in the middle but also take some pressure off of the defense and allow the many attackers we have to attack?

If we agree that Jedinak, a DM needs more time to become a perfect CB, why not give Tuanzebe a run of games to settle into his natural position whilst the veteran defensive mid just concentrates on what he is already good at?

Sorry I can't get with you on this because in the Grand scheme of things it is simply not the best decision IMO.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2018 at 03:34, Kiwivillan said:

Jedinak has been at fault for 0/8 goals in last 4 games but lets replace him with Tuanzebe at fault for 3/8 because natural positions and herd mentality

Fail to see what Herd and his mentality has to do with it, he's playing in Thailand now.;)

Defense is a unit, when you watch them this season you can clearly see that they don't trust each other.

Chester is covering for Jedi since Jedi is uncertain about his positioning, Hutton is so far a bit worse than last season and is failing at closing down his man and/or is leaving gaps between himself and Jedi.

Tuanzebe is not used to playing RB and is caught flat footed against speedier wingers, and behind them is Nyland trying to get used to his new teammates and league.

Jedi is not solely to blame for goals, but his uncertainty is effecting the whole defense, just like Nyland and Alex is.  Hutton is always gonna Hutton.

Even Chester is looking more human so far.

• Like 1

Most want to see if Axel is better at playing centre back than Jed, given Axel is a centre back. No one knows if he is the solution even if we know he can't play right back very well.

Bruce logic suggests that next game he will play Axel at CB and Jed as a defensive midfielder and probably still play Whelan - ignore the central midfield altogether and playing all attacks down the wing, leading to 600000 crosses and no one on the end of them, whilst praying the defence gels with time and extra protection from midfield.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Why not try something like this? This way Jedinak can stay as a center back, but his role will be as a sweeper. He will focus on crosses coming in, and step a little further than Chester and Tuanzebe to be a more aggressive defender in the middle. On attacks he acts as a DM, and on defense he is a center back. 

8eb3a8782d0fb5e19017f99bd0066363.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Why not try something like this? This way Jedinak can stay as a center back, but his role will be as a sweeper. He will focus on crosses coming in, and step a little further than Chester and Tuanzebe to be a more aggressive defender in the middle. On attacks he acts as a DM, and on defense he is a center back. 

8eb3a8782d0fb5e19017f99bd0066363.png

Like that, never happen, but I like that loads. All the more frightening to think about an injury to Chester and Tuanzebe in that case though too.

You could do kodija and abraham up top and have a 3 in the middle of mcginn, hourihan and grealish, with grealish told to play between the lines. that would be nice too.

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kiwi I know you love Jedi but would you not agree having him in his correct position would not only make us alot more solid in the middle but also take some pressure off of the defense and allow the many attackers we have to attack?

If we agree that Jedinak, a DM needs more time to become a perfect CB, why not give Tuanzebe a run of games to settle into his natural position whilst the veteran defensive mid just concentrates on what he is already good at?

Sorry I can't get with you on this because in the Grand scheme of things it is simply not the best decision IMO.

I don't love Jedi just think the blame he gets for bad results is over the top. I would rather a proper CB(absolutely not Elphick who is shite and worse) and I'd rather Whelan as a DM in 41 back 5 or Jedi than Thor but really better than those 3. Axel has played more games at DM for Man U first team than CB maybe try him there. He's been exposed to often at RB. Pretty sure he said in interview he sees DM as his best position. 

All said it's a horrible indictment of Bruce that in 4 windows we're having these conversations about 2 key positions

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I watch Axel play right back it makes me wonder how shit Bree and any of our youth right backs must be. 

Sod the youth Right backs, we've got RDL who was brilliant in preseason, for ONE.

Or Alan Hutton who although is better at left back for some reason, is an ACTUAL right back!

We don't even need to get down to youth or Bree.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sod the youth Right backs, we've got RDL who was brilliant in preseason, for ONE.

Or Alan Hutton who although is better at left back for some reason, is an ACTUAL right back!

We don't even need to get down to youth or Bree.

It’s all quite bizarre. I’d understand if Axel was good there but he has really struggled. What does Bruce see or know that nobody else does?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s all quite bizarre. I’d understand if Axel was good there but he has really struggled. What does Bruce see or know that nobody else does?

I've said before, but the only thing that makes sense, to me, is that Bruce does want to play Axel at CB, but doesn't think he's ready yet (which he isn't) so he's trying to bring him up to speed in a less crucial position before moving him to CB.

It's a pure guess, but it's the only logic that makes sense to me.

Â