Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will get better but my biggest concern is he is learning the game playing in front of a very shaky keeper that is s**t scared to leave his line. It’s a serious problem. 

Nyland will only get better with a settled defence in front of him. He's started his time at Villa with a CB at RB, a DM at CB and a RB at LB. He needs time to develop and gel into a new team as much as the rest of the players, possibly even more so as a goalkeeper.

We will see both Nyland and Tuanzebe improve over the next few weeks as long as they are consistenly playing together.

On 15/09/2018 at 20:52, Stevo985 said:

Thought he was dreadful for the first half an hour or so. Lucky not to give away 2 goals (scoring one of them!)

But grew into it and had a decent second half.

If he's the plan at CB then he needs to play there every game now as that's the only way he'll improve enough.

I've been telling you this for weeks!

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've been telling you this for weeks!

Well not really.

I've never really debated that IF Axel is the plan then he needs to play. My argument was that he shouldn't be the plan because he's not very good. And I stand by that. That we're pinning our hopes on a young loanee CB who has never looked much good in a Villa shirt is a travesty.

But we are where we are. I still think Jedinak is the better option right now but he's not good enough either, so we need to gamble on Tuanzebe's potential and hope he realises some of it this season.

I've always said that if Axel plays and improves and becomes the player some people think he will then I'll happily change my opinion on him.

Second half on Saturday was a good start.

If the consensus of opinion is that Tuanzebe isn’t very good then why didn’t ‘The Bruce’ promote one of the U23s?

For the record I thought Tuanzebe improved and showed a lot of promise in the second half against Blackburn.

Edited by striker

On 15/09/2018 at 19:21, Dr_Pangloss said:

"Put yer boots on Axel and and pair up with Chester" is all he probably gets.

Tsk, not even being told to pull his socks up and roll up his sleeves. 

although those things are probably in the advanced class, once he has mastered putting his boots on.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well not really.

I've never really debated that IF Axel is the plan then he needs to play. My argument was that he shouldn't be the plan because he's not very good. And I stand by that. That we're pinning our hopes on a young loanee CB who has never looked much good in a Villa shirt is a travesty.

But we are where we are. I still think Jedinak is the better option right now but he's not good enough either, so we need to gamble on Tuanzebe's potential and hope he realises some of it this season.

I've always said that if Axel plays and improves and becomes the player some people think he will then I'll happily change my opinion on him.

Second half on Saturday was a good start.

I think that Tuanzebe did OK for his first proper game at CB for us, possibly edging into decent. On that showing, I think right now he is a better option than Jedinak, but it really is too early to say for sure. We know what Jedinak can do at CB. We need to give Tuanzebe a number of games at CB to see how he gets on. Then and only then can we say who is the better option. 

Same with Nyalnd. He needs a number of games with a settled defence in front of him. He has not had that in his time here. 

• Like 2

On 15/09/2018 at 11:38, sne said:

Just seen this in the Mail, I wonder what this actually means?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-cannot-just-stockpile-players-15155200

Would explain why he's been shoehorned into RB despite us already having multiple actual RB's on our books.

Top stuff.

What a depressing article?

Why does it feel he is always talking the club down?

"I’ve got three right-backs, Alan Hutton who played the vast majority of the season at left-back, James Bree who can play anywhere, Axel Tuanzebe and Mile Jedinak.

“But we’ve still got the lads from last year. I think we’ll be okay."

Nice to see James Bree has gone from being a right back we hardly see play to a player who can all of a sudden play anywhere.

That's the attacking midfield sorted then.

By the way Stevie, Mile is not a right back, nor is Axel Tuanzebe.

It's okay making pledges to players to play them - but atleast make it in their natural position!

On 18/09/2018 at 10:49, Stevo985 said:

I've never really debated that IF Axel is the plan then he needs to play. My argument was that he shouldn't be the plan because he's not very good. And I stand by that.

But we are where we are. I still think Jedinak is the better option right now 

And we are where we are because of Jedinak playing at CB over a natural CB in Axel.

But let's stand by your argument instead, he's clearly much more effective.

Well he was awful whenever he played last season, but he’s managed to get worse.

His only redeeming feature was I nearly died laughing at the worst throw in I’ve ever seen in the Second Half.

How, How, did Bruce have him up close last season and think “ Yes, yes, more of him, thars what we need “ ?

Â