Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

I like his pace and tenacity but needs to develop a bit of coolness when under pressure. 

It will come with experience. 

If he had it next to him he would be a different animal.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I like his pace and tenacity but needs to develop a bit of coolness when under pressure. 

It will come with experience. 

If he had it next to him he would be a different animal.

Bree was far worse for just booting the ball anywhere when it came to him, he was the CB playing out of position of the two easily. Difficult circumstances to come into accepted.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bree was far worse for just booting the ball anywhere when it came to him, he was the CB playing out of position of the two easily. Difficult circumstances to come into accepted.

Yes absolutely. Shows just how bad a situation we are in.

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Couldn't agree less. He was good—even with the scoreline. How we haven't been playing him at CB I'll never understand.

As for the second half, I find it hard to blame him when the likes of Hutton did their best to pass the ball to Preston at every opportunity and the midfield was all over the place. By the time Preston got to him (over and over again) they'd breezed past half our team. The sub we needed to nullify Johnson came about 40 minutes too late.

Yeah you're probably right, it's fair to say I was in a particularly foul mood last night. I haven't been impressed but I was OTT!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

He and Chester are the strongest two and should be paired consistently.  

With Mile in front of them, Hutton and Taylor as full backs, let the front 5 roam

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I'm hoping to see Tuanzebe play CB alongside Chester and actually fulfill at least some of the potential that a Manchester United prospect should.

Had to bring this over from the transfer thread as didn’t want to derail that...

It always confuses me when people talk about the potential of Tuanzebe because he’s  from Utd. Why is that a higher potential than our own? As far as I’m aware Utd youth team got relegated last season down to the same division as us (and we at least won a cup). Utd had that one team that was phenomenal in the 90s that really filled the first team. Since then, have they produced that many top players who have consistently been first choice?

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Had to bring this over from the transfer thread as didn’t want to derail that...

It always confuses me when people talk about the potential of Tuanzebe because he’s  from Utd. Why is that a higher potential than our own? As far as I’m aware Utd youth team got relegated last season down to the same division as us (and we at least won a cup). Utd had that one team that was phenomenal in the 90s that really filled the first team. Since then, have they produced that many top players who have consistently been first choice?

I think they are responsible for the most academy graduates to play more than a certain amount of Premier League games of any professional academy in England.

I think Villa were 6th in that ranking.

But I agree with your sentiments. The reality is not many players do make the grade straight from the academy.

Of the players involved in our NextGen win over Chelsea back in 2013, only Grealish and Loftus-Cheek look to make a name of themselves, one from each squad.

I guess you've caught me out though, I don't know anything about Villa's academy these days. I was just under the assumption that Tuanzebe would be a prospect as we've gone to the effort of loaning him in, so you can understand my assumption that he's going to be good enough to make the grade. The fact he is from United is neither here nor there, but I guess I would point you to my first sentence to understand why I assumed he may have the talent to go places.

• Like 1

I wonder if JT sees him as a central defender and we see him teamed up with Chester for a run of games. 

If Jedi who most certainly is not a central defender continues you can assume JT doesn't think he's up to it. 

For me a totally mystifying loan. Should have invested in a reasonably established centre back instead. 

On 11/10/2018 at 22:13, sidcow said:

I wonder if JT sees him as a central defender and we see him teamed up with Chester for a run of games. 

If Jedi who most certainly is not a central defender continues you can assume JT doesn't think he's up to it. 

For me a totally mystifying loan. Should have invested in a reasonably established centre back instead. 

Only on about 5k per week, thats probably the reason why. 

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Only on about 5k per week, thats probably the reason why. 

Which is why the comments about our financial “ clean slate” puzzle me. I can only think they weren’t prepared to finance Bruce to the extent he wanted.

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Which is why the comments about our financial “ clean slate” puzzle me. I can only think they weren’t prepared to finance Bruce to the extent he wanted.

Possibly, or possibly because they needed time to sort out the finances/conduct negotiations/appease the EFL etc and that couldn't be done before the end of the window? Just speculating - but we have all seen the trickle of things happening on companies house.

• Like 1

Â