Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is better but Tuanzebe or Mourinho won't be happy that he is warming our bench

A long way to go in the league yet and he will be vital in this last sector of the season.

I cannot wait for his full debut but we have very been solid since his arrival and it is simply put that his time will come, he just has to currently wait for that moment to arise which will not be too far away.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I still have no idea why tuanzebe was overlooked for whelan. Didn't make much sense for me

With only minutes remaining I would have done the same.

His time will come.

I thought that defensively he was solid, but offered very little going forward.

I know that he is a defender first of all, but when he tried to go up a little he made the wrong choices. 

Overall a good performance, but a beast he is not (at least based on this game)

In the end, I think we need Elmo's crosses and partnering up with Snoddy more than we need Axel's defensive abilities. We already have Hutton, who nobody wants to go forward, so we need some offense from the right back.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

In the end, I think we need Elmo's crosses and partnering up with Snoddy more than we need Axel's defensive abilities. We already have Hutton, who nobody wants to go forward, so we need some offense from the right back.

This. I think AT will have a hell of a future in the game, though. Defensively he was incredibly good - kept the massively hyped Sessegnon quiet all game. Defence as a unit lapsed for the goal though, I think Axel was expecting one of Terry or Chester to pick him up as he had moved very centrally. However, he didnt give Snodgrass the support that Elmo does and with Grealish and Adomah already out, we were stunted creatively as it was. 

I wonder if Jose leaves Man Utd at the end of the season that we might try and sign Tuanzebe?

It prob won't happen while he is there granted, or even et all but damn he would be a great full time coup for us..

£30m combined for the two players?... we can only try.

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This. I think AT will have a hell of a future in the game, though. Defensively he was incredibly good - kept the massively hyped Sessegnon quiet all game. Defence as a unit lapsed for the goal though, I think Axel was expecting one of Terry or Chester to pick him up as he had moved very centrally. However, he didnt give Snodgrass the support that Elmo does and with Grealish and Adomah already out, we were stunted creatively as it was. 

I see him in a midfield role rather than right back ; agree Elmo gives us that edge attacking wise linking up with snoddy .

i think  axel will stay in the team one way or another now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wonder if Jose leaves Man Utd at the end of the season that we might try and sign Tuanzebe?

It prob won't happen while he is there granted, or even et all but damn he would be a great full time coup for us..

£30m combined for the two players?... we can only try.

I think he will have a good future at United , not sure he’d want to leave them to be honest . 

‘Maybe another year on loan though in the premier league would suit all.

Â