Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Feel a bit sorry for this guy, surely he would've expected to be a starter for us seeing as he came from Man Utd, too early to be writing him off. I expected him to come straight in to the first XI when we signed him

Me too, but also we have been solid and he will need to wait for his oppurtunity.

Great to have such wonderful options.

• Like 1

We have the best centre half pairing in the league, no way does he simply walk into it. He's here for cover. I actually hope he barely plays because that means the players ahead of him (who we happen to own outright) are performing.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We have the best centre half pairing in the league, no way does he simply walk into it. He's here for cover. I actually hope he barely plays because that means the players ahead of him (who we happen to own outright) are performing.

Agreed but why loan out Suliman if that's the case?

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps because Tuanzebe is better cover in the event we need to rotate a little or someone gets injured?

Or, our own player gets regular games to develop while another (who we don't and won't own) is just used as cover.

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is better but Tuanzebe or Mourinho won't be happy that he is warming our bench

I don't know. I think being part of the Match day squad each week for a team pushing for promotion will be more beneficial to him then playing reserve football. He will play his part. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is better but Tuanzebe or Mourinho won't be happy that he is warming our bench

Jose likes his players to work hard and be of a certain mindset. I think he would want Tuanzebe to earn his spot through hard work and good form, than to be presented it on a plate. It will be better for AT in the long run, and is the first lesson a young player must learn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I still have no idea why tuanzebe was overlooked for whelan. Didn't make much sense for me

He wanted Adomah to come off as he was tiring, so Whelan went to DM and Bjarnason to left wing, where he can (theoretically) play

There's still a massive one third of the season left to play so I will be surprised if Axel doesn't play his part, however, can we finally put to bed the often repeated claims that certain loan players will have been guaranteed to play games?

Yes, the owning club would prefer their player to be playing whilst on loan but I've never seen how any kind of guaranteed playing time could ever work. Imagine an on loan player gives the ball away leading to goals conceded in three successive games, as if any manager would still pick that player because of so called guarantees to play.

34 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Because he's nowhere near standard we need hence why he is currently struggling to get a game in league two. Imagine having to replace Terry or Chester with him... 

If that's the case, we could have a Cahill situation on our hands then, I think he's that good. I think he is good enough 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed but why loan out Suliman if that's the case?

Suliman is not ready for this level yet so loaning him out getting him ready with first team football will aid his cause eventually.

Two different levels of player, we are opting to go with the option of the two who is ready at this level.

I can safely tell you, Axel is already 4 miles ahead of Suliman in terms of football ability, taking nothing away from Suli but he is simply not ready yet.

• Like 1

Â