Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

57 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I see him in a midfield role rather than right back ; agree Elmo gives us that edge attacking wise linking up with snoddy .

i think  axel will stay in the team one way or another now 

Pretty much an advanced version of Jedinak, Whelan etc.

After one game it seems to me that hes a center back, who can play at right back. He defended well yesterday, seemingly in the right place at the right time and athletic enough to get up and down the pitch, but not really willing to overlap and cross the ball. 

You could probably play him in central midfield and see how he got on as a defensive midfielder. 

He looked useful yesterday, but I think we lost something by not playing Elmo at right back. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He is most effective in the triangle playing CDM in front of the two CB's or as either CB position behind a CDM.

Will Elmo be fit for Tuesday?

Possibly Elmo may be fit - I think alberts the worst of the 3 injuries .

elmo at right back is important for us , I think axel would be a real asset in midfield . 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He won’t get called lazy if he isn’t lazy

If that's true then we have truly been unlucky to sign so many lazy players. It's a miracle we ever did so well under MON with the amount of lazy players we had. 

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

If that's true then we have truly been unlucky to sign so many lazy players. It's a miracle we ever did so well under MON with the amount of lazy players we had. 

Under MON? More like under Ron! That team that nearly won the league were one of the laziest teams in England ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seems he impressed but he did lose his man for their first goal. I want Elmo at right back if fit. 

I agree with this over Tuanzebe simple because it's a winning unit and Tuanzebe offers more in a more central played position of the field.

The thing that concerned me about last Saturday was ( and bearing in mind I didn't see the game) he gets man of the match after just arriving, its his first game,he is 20 years old.

so what was ALL the experienced players doing who have been here some time?

Just now, TRO said:

The thing that concerned me about last Saturday was ( and bearing in mind I didn't see the game) he gets man of the match after just arriving, its his first game,he is 20 years old.

He is probably just of a different quality to the rest of our players. If he was at any other club bar the top 6 he would probably be starting. 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

No-one stood out. He looked impressive at times, and we ignored/didn't realize the fact that his man scored the first goal.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Â