The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i take it ball to hand has joined the football rule myths

I'm not defending that San Marino decision, it's appalling.

But Ball to Hand was always a nonsense rule (or implied rule), imo

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not defending that San Marino decision, it's appalling.

But Ball to Hand was always a nonsense rule (or implied rule), imo

i dunno, the 2nd one for example whats he meant to do? its a completely natural human reaction for his arms to do that and he's less than 1m away, i think its harsh and worse than that its also inconsistent

the problem is that i think their answer will be to make hands in football like feet in hockey 

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, villa4europe said:

i dunno, the 2nd one for example whats he meant to do? its a completely natural human reaction for his arms to do that and he's less than 1m away, i think its harsh and worse than that its also inconsistent

the problem is that i think their answer will be to make hands in football like feet in hockey 

No I agree with that.

I just mean that "ball to hand" was always bollocks, because it implied that the handball had to be deliberate to be an offence, which I don't think should be the case.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, bobzy said:

It’s a soft pen, but where are you seeing a dive there? Bizarre. 

Where do you see the contact that rotates his body? 

Or even the contact that prevents the heel of his left foot planting in to the ground keeping him upright rather than him pointing his toes towards the ground? 

Once again refs don't know what they're looking at, there's obviously contact but that contact simply does not make his body do that, salah makes his body do that 

• Like 1

Â