The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

The thing with those offsides is they happen to everyone, they're the most consistent things in reffing for a long time

They're mind blowingly stupid but they're consistent 

We must have had about 3 of them this year? 

I can’t find a video of it, did the linesman flag after the goal went in? If so I can understand how they can’t say either way by the footage and went with the on field decision. Ideally that’s how it should have worked for the many we’ve had chalked off.

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I can’t find a video of it, did the linesman flag after the goal went in? If so I can understand how they can’t say either way by the footage and went with the on field decision. Ideally that’s how it should have worked for the many we’ve had chalked off.

Yeah it was given offside by the linesman. Completely agree that those tight ones should go with the decision made by the linesman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If one of our players does the same challenge that Sterling just did when we play United tomorrow, he’ll be sent off.

And rightly so. That challenge should be a red card every single time. An absolute shocker from whoever’s on VAR.

Funny how often VAR favours big teams though! 

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

And rightly so. That challenge should be a red card every single time. An absolute shocker from whoever’s on VAR.

Funny how often VAR favours big teams though! 

Absolutely. As you say it’s the favouritism toward the bigger teams that is so frustrating.

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Truly is an absolute waste of time and it's bordering on match fixing at this point.

Games are decided now on how shit the refs are for each teams decisions.

I just think the refs and var are on the scum6 payroll, they try manipulate results as best they can to try get scum6 in the top6, cant believe Leeds were aloud to win today.

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

If one of our players does the same challenge that Sterling just did when we play United tomorrow, he’ll be sent off.

He was out of control but the reaction of Chelsea players was a tell tale sign that it wasnt a red card.  

The juggling balls are out again and we go back to last season's standard in which the referee is not required to actually make a decision based on proper video evidence. Ridiculous how he wasn't required to watch the replay for the Greenwood handball and just as ridiculous that there aren't clear rules about when a ref goes ond doesn't. 

Utter travesty 

VAR went from being a great idea in theory to a horrible, sport-ruining disaster in practice.

It has to go, and if it doesn't, I reckon more and more fans will. Why should we bother paying to watch a game that is officiated unprofessionally and with rules that seem to be made up, twisted, or amended virtually on the spot?

Waste of everyone's time and money and it's getting to the point where the poor decisions in the neutral fixtures are almost as galling as those we seem to suffer in Villa games. 

The sport should be fair and well-officiated, otherwise we're all just being had.

• Like 1

Â