Match Thread: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I think we can't underestimate the difference it's made having Jedi play in front of the back 4 against Middlseboro and today. He just mops up so much and wins so much in the air.

Yes, he really mops it up well. It's the only position he should play and although Onomah is more exciting going forward he's not as clean defensively. Jedi doing great again today.

• Like 1

Wow. That was, dare I say, some really entertaining football. The midfield, Grealish included in that, looks excellent. 

Edited by Michelsen

I'm not surprised we're playing better when we have actual footballers on the pitch. Delighted for Hogan. Hope Jack gets a goal as well. 

I'm unsure, how much credit should be given to Bruce? I suppose he could've played Davis instead of Hogan. So credit where it's due. 

• Like 1

Talk about inconsistent, we are supposed to be shit.

Near the end that was borderline good.

Good energy, Grealish and Adomah looking tricky and Hogan remembered he's a striker.

Bristol must've been on the lash last night because they look like yet another poor team undeserving of their lofty position.

In the ever powerful words of the G-man, "no excuses now..."

Edited by Lerner's Driver

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

From what I can see of the game, we are looking pretty good - worlds apart from the half-assed performance against Boro. Well done so far Steve. Keep this up.

No sign of going ahead then sitting back and countering. That's definitely a change in style from what we have seen from Villa in games they've taken leads in this season. Maybe Bruce has woken up to that or Agnew has had a big say in how we are approaching this?

Good football so far, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bristol had day less rest and add to top of that the result they got from that match, I think most teams would struggle to get back from that. 

But glad we are playing a little bit better, now lets score some more and install a little confidence

Edited by Alakagom

I predict a storm in the first 15 mins after the break.  Keep that tight, let them run out of steam again and go for them.

Great performance so far. I think it's Elphick showing for the ball in deep areas.  He seems very comfortable with the ball at his feet under a bit of pressure, keep it up.

Well done Hogan for the goal.

Our midfield look unusually fresh.  Keep it up! 

Hopefully, hopefully this is a new start for Hogan.

His goal was excellent. As was his "assist" to Snoddy. The only way he could beat those monster CB's in the air was to jump backwards. And he did it so well.