Match Thread: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Good football so far, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bristol had hardly day less rest and add to top of that the result they got from that match, I think most teams would struggle to get back from that. 

But glad we are playing a little bit better 

I'm glad you've dragged us back to earth. It was getting ridiculous here.

• Haha 2

The start of the match was dire, but since the goall we have been great, all the players are pulling their own weight, entartaining and 2-0 up, brilliant! and a greatly taken goal from Hogan, hopefully this will kickstart his Villa career. Grealish has been amazing, love watching him when he is in the mood. Keep it up! may be the best performance we have had since hiring Bruce ! :)

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Good football so far, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bristol had day less rest and add to top of that the result they got from that match, I think most teams would struggle to get back from that. 

But glad we are playing a little bit better, now lets score some more and install a little confidence

Two days ? We both played Saturday - we have had 2.5 hours more rest

8 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

yes it amazes me that some fans dont rate him

He's flattered to deceive in the past but I think he's now showing us the real player since he came back from his kidney injury.

I had hoped that kidney injury, and being out so long, might be the wake up call he needed to get his career on track and, fingers crossed, that's what is what we are now witnessing from him. 

Long may it continue!

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a Villa team score and then continue to attack.  It's literally been years of watching us sit back and invite pressure with a 1 goal lead.

It doesn't happen often enough, but we've had several games this season where we've done jut that

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Good football so far, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bristol had day less rest and add to top of that the result they got from that match, I think most teams would struggle to get back from that. 

But glad we are playing a little bit better, now lets score some more and install a little confidence

Erm they played same day as us??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a Villa team score and then continue to attack.  It's literally been years of watching us sit back and invite pressure with a 1 goal lead.

Expect this second half. If they score nerves get in like sheff united. Id continue as we are get a third then sit back. Rest the players for Peterborough 

• Like 1