One For The Road

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Suprised kompany took that role tbh

He wasnt getting a better role, He didnt do anything at ANderlecht in 3 seasons which is like managing United or Liverpool

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He wasnt getting a better role, He didnt do anything at ANderlecht in 3 seasons which is like managing United or Liverpool

I didnt really follow his career there. Think he will have his eyes on city job when he has many more years experience and obviously needs to be successful!

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Burnley is a bit of a free hit for him.

If they don't get promoted, well the team has been demolished this summer and will "take time" to rebuild. But he will also have a huge budget by championship standards due to parachute payments + a few players like McNeil who will absolutely tear up the championship.

Edited by pas5898

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Might have been better if they had got rid of Dyche a year ago and got Kompany in. 

Why? He had no credibility for the job, they had finished 20 points off the league winners that season in Belgium

Anderlecht is the biggest team in Belgium

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Burnley is a bit of a free hit for him.

If they don't get promoted, well the team has been demolished this summer and will "take time" to rebuild. But he will also have a huge budget by championship standards due to parachute payments + a few players like McNeil who will absolutely tear up the championship.

Will he though?

I can see Burnley going the way of Bolton tbh now.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Why? He had no credibility for the job, they had finished 20 points off the league winners that season in Belgium

Possibly in terms of long term name, but Club Brugge are pretty dominant from memory.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Possibly in terms of long term name, but Club Brugge are pretty dominant from memory.

Brugge have won 5 of the 7 leagues but Anderlecht have double the amount of titles and have won 5 titles themselves since 2009

Kompany first season though he was demoted back to player halfway through was Anderlecht lowest finish since the 30s

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Because I think Dyche was finished and eventually his stubborn methods wern't going to work anymore and Kompany might not have worked but Palace took a chance on Viera and that worked out pretty well. 

51 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Because I think Dyche was finished and eventually his stubborn methods wern't going to work anymore and Kompany might not have worked but Palace took a chance on Viera and that worked out pretty well. 

Thats a random assunption about Kompany. More high profile players have struggled on the name alone Keane, Shearer, Gerrard and Lampard for a start 

Vieira was hardly an amazing success 

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brugge have won 5 of the 7 leagues but Anderlecht have double the amount of titles and have won 5 titles themselves since 2009

Kompany first season though he was demoted back to player halfway through was Anderlecht lowest finish since the 30s

Anderlecht are a financial mess. They do not have the buying power they once had and used a lot of loans to fill their squad in recent years. Brugge is the dominant team now and Antwerp is throwing money around to catch them. 
kompany had to work under difficult circumstances, used a lot of youth but still should have done better given the players he had in the end. 

• Like 1

They're just going to sign half the Man. City youth team on loan aren't they? So that was attraction in getting Kompany given they need to lower average age of the squad.

Could go either way I think but if they hang onto Connor Roberts, Nathan Collins and Charlie Taylor and get in a decent CB that's a solid defence at least to build from at championship level.

Still think they'll be around 8th-9th if they sign a decent striker.

On 30/04/2022 at 13:29, useless said:

Scott Twine looks an interesting player, 18 goals and 13 assists this season as a 22 year old attacking midfielder, I think there's probably a good chance he will playing at an higher level next season whatever division MK Dons happen to be playing in.

Afternoon all, he's just signed for Burnley.

Edited by useless
Thought I'd better change 'Hi useless' to 'Afternoon all', in case it looks like I'm trying to show off.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wolves winger Chiquinho injured his anterior cruciate ligament during a behind-closed-doors friendly with Burnley.

Well there's a surprise.

Â