One For The Road

48 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maatsen was really good too but looks like he's part of Chelseas plans this season 

Would imagine they'll get Harwood-Bellis late on in the window. No point him sticking around at Man. City as he'll play a few league cup games and a dead rubber in the CL and that will be it for the season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up with Weghorst and Burnley? I get why he was loaned out last year as it was Man U and they were in the championship, but surely he could do a job up top for them for their first season back? gone to hoffenheim for the season

20 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Whats up with Weghorst and Burnley? I get why he was loaned out last year as it was Man U and they were in the championship, but surely he could do a job up top for them for their first season back? gone to hoffenheim for the season

He doesn't want to be there also think he burned his bridges when they went down and he said some things about leaving almost immediately, also he's absolutely **** shit.

• Like 1

He also put in an absolute disasterclass at Villa Park when he couldn't even beat Mings on the goalline in a one on one with all the time in the world.

Burnley basically went down because of this clown and he said he was too good for the Champo.

• 3 weeks later...

Genuinely have no idea who half their team is.

They went up with a stronger team. Tella was great for them but Leverkusen picked him up as Diaby replacement and probably impossible to get Maatsen back as one injury to Chilwell and he'll be starting for Chelsea.

Mentioned him at top of page but not sure why they haven't got Harwood-Bellis back, he must be about 7th choice at Man. City so surely can't be thinking of staying there just to play the odd league cup or CL dead rubber tie.

I was actually surprised a bit with their team selection. Given all the new signings and lack of experience surely makes sense to play likes of Brownhill and Jay Rodriguez who at least know the premier league even if they aren't going to be long term picks for Kompany at this level? He was starting Ashley Barnes for most of last season aswell so think lack of decent CF is going to be a big problem for them.

Can see Spurs scoring at least three past them next week given some of the space they were giving our forwards.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mentioned him at top of page but not sure why they haven't got Harwood-Bellis back, he must be about 7th choice at Man. City so surely can't be thinking of staying there just to play the odd league cup or CL dead rubber tie.

They should definitely try again for him. Gonna be hard to stay up if the likes of Daragh O'Shea are playing most of the matches. 

A lot of their fans seem to think they've spent £100m on transfers and they are now weaker than they were in the championship. Loads of people seemed to be predicting them to be comfortably mid table before the season started but I can't see anything but a relegation scrap for them personally.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They should definitely try again for him. Gonna be hard to stay up if the likes of Daragh O'Shea are playing most of the matches. 

Forest are main favourites to sign him so guess Burnley don't have the finances to be bidding 20m + for players.

Its a tough start to the season for them. I think will adapt and grow into the lesgue. The Championship was too easy for them but they impressed at times today and had more possession than us. Not thst thst matters much but they need a bit steal.and nouse and they will be okay 

• Like 1

The windscreen of Aston Villa's team bus was hit by a brick as the side were travelling back to the Midlands following their victory at Burnley.

The incident took place at junction 10 of the M65 after Sunday's Premier League match, which Villa won 3-1.

Police said the brick was thrown from a footbridge as the bus travelled along the motorway at around 17:15 BST.

Beeb

Scum.

I have been watching a few Burnley fan channels reactions to the game and WOW, I don't think I have ever seen such an entitled support base from a newly promoted team in all my life. Maybe they got carried away from their promotion season, but they all thought they would blow us away easily and are shocked that we won the game. Remember this is Burnley, a team in my lifetime who's only achievement is finishing mid table in the Prem for a couple of seasons. For most of my life they have been a lower league club on a par with Plymouth Argyle and Huddersfield Town. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I have been watching a few Burnley fan channels reactions to the game and WOW, I don't think I have ever seen such an entitled support base from a newly promoted team in all my life. Maybe they got carried away from their promotion season, but they all thought they would blow us away easily and are shocked that we won the game. 

They have Norwich, WBA syndrome. They do well in the championship, get carried away with themselves and have a bizarre opinion they are a premier league club. In reality they are a championship team who might occasionally flirt with the premier league but end up back where they belong. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, villa89 said:

They have Norwich, WBA syndrome. They do well in the championship, get carried away with themselves and have a bizarre opinion they are a premier league club. In reality they are a championship team who might occasionally flirt with the premier league but end up back where they belong. 

Stoke were another one after a few seasons but that was their first time in the top flight for about 30 years!

• 2 months later...
Â