The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

14 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Probably correct, I hate the league Cup.

It's of no value to the big teams, and anybody else would rather just not play in it.

Then winning it essentially means nothing. A cup that says you were arsed when nobody could be.

Someone's still bitter about 94

I think kicking the already qualified European teams out will change all of that

Villa, Everton, Leeds, wolves et al should look at it as a very winnable cup and EL conference place, should make it a really good tournament 

If they do that change and still no one cares then the clubs should hang their heads in shame, its almost like half of them don't want to win anything, it's bizarre, happy to just exist in the PL

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think kicking the already qualified European teams out will change all of that

Villa, Everton, Leeds, wolves et al should look at it as a very winnable cup and EL conference place, should make it a really good tournament 

If they do that change and still no one cares then the clubs should hang their heads in shame, its almost like half of them don't want to win anything, it's bizarre, happy to just exist in the PL

96 mate, 96!

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It will make winning it less relevant to me. Best of the rest then and some of those teams still won't want to be in it. I don't know why we have two domestic cups anyway. 

The league Cup isn't much better than the Emirates Cup in my mind and the only reason I can see people wanting to be in it is the idea of 'trophies' but who cares if its something so meaningless?

If you win it but it costs you 6 league places was it worth it? You get a day out to Wembley I suppose but is the promise of Europe's C competition enough to care?

That's almost definitely a competition that the teams playing in will run at a loss to compete in unless you're the likes of Legia Warsaw, Red Star etc.

• Like 1

I think if we'd have won the cup final last year and finish 12th this year then last year was better, for me winning the league Cup is better than 13 of the 20 league positions, even finishing 8th means less than winning the cup

But I don't think rino is alone, too many fans and teams accept not bothering 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Premier League clubs spent 273 million in agents fees last year with Chelsea paying the most at 36 million. Thankfully we were in the bottom 10 for that with 8.9 million spent

The fees for de ligt were rumoured to be around £18m I think 

The agent priced him out of a host of clubs, juve were the only team willing to pay it 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The fees for de ligt were rumoured to be around £18m I think 

The agent priced him out of a host of clubs, juve were the only team willing to pay it 

I wonder what asshole agent that was 🤔🙄

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure the rumoured £400k a week wages softens the blow of falling from the limelight, not being the best defender in the world and only playing half of juves games 

Probably talks to de Jong about it... 

I doubt Juventus are paying De Ligt that salary. My issue with him at the time is that he is like Maguire in that he has zero pace, maybe his reading of the game is a bit better but he cant turn at all

On 31/03/2021 at 15:29, Rino8 said:

If you win it but it costs you 6 league places was it worth it? You get a day out to Wembley I suppose but is the promise of Europe's C competition enough to care?

Assuming those 6 places don't relegate you then yes. It's 100% worth it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It probably wont all happen but is still a decent chance that Liverpool, Juventus, Dortmund, PSG, Arsenal, Spurs all miss out on Champions League next season :D 

....and that's why they'll be changing the rules.

• Like 2

Yes, we're not allowed to cheer big clubs failing, because big clubs will not be allowed to fail. No matter how shit they are, they must always have every possible chance to succeed and other clubs must have no chance to succeed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â