The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

The Reading owner wants them to go bust as he stands to make money from it, or I read something similar. That if they go bust he makes no losses, but he can sell some of the assets for pure profit.

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Reading owner wants them to go bust as he stands to make money from it, or I read something similar. That if they go bust he makes no losses, but he can sell some of the assets for pure profit.

He has previously been involved with two other clubs, one in China and one in Belgium. Guess what happened to both of them? Yep, they went bust…..

How the ‘fit and proper’ guys let him get anywhere near Reading is a travesty. If you read his wiki page the writing has been on the wall at Reading since day one, he is an absolute crook. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He won't get the £250 million he put inot the club back, no where near?

Apparently he needs to sell and wants to sell, but wants to recoup more money than the club is actually worth.

Marc Overmars has got a one year worldwide FIFA ban for his behaviour towards women

So his last team Antwerp(contains some ex Villa players) decided to put a banner up supporting him today. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Marc Overmars has got a one year worldwide FIFA ban for his behaviour towards women

So his last team Antwerp(contains some ex Villa players) decided to put a banner up supporting him today. 

Good grief, that’s disgusting 🤢 

Emma mattress their new sponsor? I think WBA have something similar except you win a chance to go underneath the stands and try to fix the heating. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

Last night I watched a Big Match Revisited.  Villa v Leicester from our title winning season.

Was a fascinating interview with Saunders afterwards who was annoyed with the TV people for raising the size of the players win bonus.

There was quite a long conversation about how the players earned every penny of their enormous bonus.  The interviewer persisted and a conversation took place about the morality of the eye watering amounts the payers got paid these days and how the average working man fan might feel about it

The win bonus was £500.

But Saunders was talking about how football was now an entertainment business and entertainers get paid a lot of money and so should footballers.

He also said something along the lines of how important players contracts were now the most important tool and in his opinion things were only going to go one way.  Seems he was a bit of a visionary.

He also said an Aston Villa player thoroughly earns every penny they are paid.

Just made me laugh a bit about the "eye watering" amounts those players were deemed to be earning.  I think all of them still had to go get a "normal" job after they finished playing unless they made it into management or something.  What would those journalists think of todays players becoming multi millionaires off a single contract and flying around in private jets?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

500 pounds to watch Inter Miami to play in Hong Kong today and Messi never left the bench and was advertised to play

Saw something a few months back about their season ticket prices now. They’re utterly insane 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

500 pounds to watch Inter Miami to play in Hong Kong today and Messi never left the bench and was advertised to play

Yup it's all kicking off from all corners. But HK govt is getting alot of the blames, just given they are not exactly the most popular to an ordinary HK citizen.

Beckham got booed at the end of the game as well, but doesn't seems like too much blame on him yet for pocketing millions, becos he is viewed as some footballing saints in HK.

On 26/01/2024 at 15:20, sidcow said:

Last night I watched a Big Match Revisited.  Villa v Leicester from our title winning season.

Was a fascinating interview with Saunders afterwards who was annoyed with the TV people for raising the size of the players win bonus.

There was quite a long conversation about how the players earned every penny of their enormous bonus.  The interviewer persisted and a conversation took place about the morality of the eye watering amounts the payers got paid these days and how the average working man fan might feel about it

The win bonus was £500.

But Saunders was talking about how football was now an entertainment business and entertainers get paid a lot of money and so should footballers.

He also said something along the lines of how important players contracts were now the most important tool and in his opinion things were only going to go one way.  Seems he was a bit of a visionary.

He also said an Aston Villa player thoroughly earns every penny they are paid.

Just made me laugh a bit about the "eye watering" amounts those players were deemed to be earning.  I think all of them still had to go get a "normal" job after they finished playing unless they made it into management or something.  What would those journalists think of todays players becoming multi millionaires off a single contract and flying around in private jets?

In case some of the younger VTers are thinking 'Yeah but that was two lifetimes ago, a £500 bonus is probably tens of thousands in 'today's money' ', after accounting for UK inflation, £500 in 1981 is now worth £1845.

That's probably just 2% of the average weekly wage of a Premier League starting player!

• Like 2

This Inter Miami scandal is getting better. China have cancelled 2 Argentina games that were scheduled to be played in China and Messi and Beckham are taking a battering 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

This Inter Miami scandal is getting better. China have cancelled 2 Argentina games that were scheduled to be played in China and Messi and Beckham are taking a battering 😂

Lmao 

Â