The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Already lining up Newcastle away for us...

With the 10 minutes+ of injury time,  you're looking at the game finishing about 8:30. Getting out the stadium to your car, getting out the gridlock in another 30 minutes (ha!) getting back to brum after a 4 hour drive by 1am in absolutely ideal conditions 

But it's all about the fans. 

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

With the 10 minutes+ of injury time,  you're looking at the game finishing about 8:30. Getting out the stadium to your car, getting out the gridlock in another 30 minutes (ha!) getting back to brum after a 4 hour drive by 1am in absolutely ideal conditions 

It sure is, the fans in the Middle East & US....

Edited by villa89

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

18:30 Sunday night kickoff's live on TV under the new TV rights deal. Only a matter of time before there are no 3pm kickoffs on Saturday.

Is this an extra TV game per week then basically? When is the bidding? And they’re still not just streaming themselves - surely far more lucrative and you wouldn’t have to move more games.

I know this is going to be an extremely unpopular opinion. But I’m all for them having more kick off times to show more games. I don’t think it’ll be long before every game is televised live, at a separate time so that there’s no Premier League clashes. You could have one game on a Friday and Monday evening, and then four each on Saturday and Sunday. Bring it on, I say. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

I don’t think it’ll be long before every game is televised live, at a separate time so that there’s no Premier League clashes. You could have one game on a Friday and Monday evening, and then four each on Saturday and Sunday. 

The premier League have been planning for this scenario for ages. It was always their end game. It also means clubs don't have to worry about streaming their own games, because every game is on TV people can just get sky/BT subs and the TV companies do the work for the clubs. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

The premier League have been planning for this scenario for ages. It was always their end game. It also means clubs don't have to worry about streaming their own games, because every game is on TV people can just get sky/BT subs and the TV companies do the work for the clubs. 

i dont mind it, i dont mind them all being 3pm and being televised either

as long as they split the money equally

as it is with the TV per game payment thing its actually skewed towards the sky 6 (7 with how often newcastle have already been on) the current payment is somewhere between £1.5m - 2m per game, we are on 10 times, liverpool are on 25 times....there's an extra £30m for them to spend every summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I know this is going to be an extremely unpopular opinion. But I’m all for them having more kick off times to show more games. I don’t think it’ll be long before every game is televised live, at a separate time so that there’s no Premier League clashes. You could have one game on a Friday and Monday evening, and then four each on Saturday and Sunday. Bring it on, I say. 

That's exactly what they do in Spain.

They don't announce which games when until about 2 weeks before though which is why you have hardly any away fans out there.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

18:30 Sunday night kickoff's live on TV under the new TV rights deal. Only a matter of time before there are no 3pm kickoffs on Saturday.

All none 3pm KOs next season will be televised i believe. Its an extra KO to spread them about i think. Its not the worst KO in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Oaks said:

All none 3pm KOs next season will be televised i believe. Its an extra KO to spread them about i think. Its not the worst KO in my opinion.

Does that include the ones that are moved due to Europa/Conference on the Sunday?

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I would be all for a blackout, as the NFL did (or still does I'm not sure). If the game does not fill say 80% of the stadium, then it cannot be shown on TV.  This would help protect the atmosphere of the live game for the attending fans. it also means ticket prices may reduce if teams are struggling to reach 80%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

I would be all for a blackout, as the NFL did (or still does I'm not sure). If the game does not fill say 80% of the stadium, then it cannot be shown on TV.  This would help protect the atmosphere of the live game for the attending fans. it also means ticket prices may reduce if teams are struggling to reach 80%

Not sure any premier league team is struggling to fill their ground. Even tiny west ham in their giant free stadium can fill it most weeks. 

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Not sure any premier league team is struggling to fill their ground. Even tiny west ham in their giant free stadium can fill it most weeks. 

The stadium documentary a few years back said that West ham have to give a certain allocation of tickets to the local council to give away to local school kids* (which long term WH will benefit from) so I'm not sure if their stadium can be that empty, if they had 20k empty seats each week if the landlord had the ability to fill them

*without a handful of them finding their way in to their mates pockets obviously

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's true, but in the future it will make sure that no club is making a fortune from Asian and American TV fans, but not catering for locals. Football clubs should be the heartbeat of the community, but some owners will destroy this for more money if needs be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rich192 said:

This is basically how the Australian football works. You'll only have a couple of games crossover across the weekend, with games starting from Thursday night to Sunday evening. I know midweek European games might make this slightly harder but I don't see any issues with more kickoff times. Just allows us all to watch more football.

6.30 Sunday night  what an horrid time, no thank you. Saturday 3pm kick offs will be a thing of the past soon enough which is criminal. The club owners won’t care , but I’ll certainly think about cutting my games down to suit if it ends up going the way it is. 

• Like 2

It lends itself to the occasional visiting fan.  Season ticket holders less likely to buy if they know they can't make certain game slots and there's only a 50:50 chance they'll actually be able to make a game.  Or they sell the ticket on and the club get an extra cut.

With an extra televised game there's more TV money for the clubs which massively outweighs and potentiation loss in fan match day revenue (and as above they'll probably make more anyway).

There's zero incentive for the clubs to reject these kind of proposals, especially when they're playing on a Sunday anyway thanks to all the European football (of which there will be even more going forwards).

Â