The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Cheering on the scum 6 in Europe so one of the non scum 6 clubs can get a Champions League spot is the ultimate mission of the failed Super League to show how needed they are

I don't care which of the scum 6 we replace in the Champions league and I'll support anyone that helps us get there.

Nothing truly exposes the motivation for the Super League more than Man Utd failing to qualify for the Champions league again, for the fifth time in the last ten years.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cheering on the scum 6 in Europe so one of the non scum 6 clubs can get a Champions League spot is the ultimate mission of the failed Super League to show how needed they are

I find it shameful people cheering these scumbags on in case we get 5th

What a load of absolute and utter nonsense. Villa, Brighton and West Ham are hardly part of the scum six and they’re three of the teams you’d be shaming people for cheering on. Man United and Spurs are the two teams currently most likely to benefit from England getting fifth place so you’ve got the whole thing backwards here. I don’t know what any of this has to do with the super league. It’s a qualifying system to allow for the expanded champions league  

Are you really that begrudging of other English teams that you would prefer see them lose games that have no impact on Villa than see Villa qualify for the champions league? It’s ridiculous. We would be guaranteed eight champions league games against eight different teams if we qualify, including two against the elite teams. It would be incredible to qualify. 

20 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

What a load of absolute and utter nonsense. Villa, Brighton and West Ham are hardly part of the scum six and they’re three of the teams you’d be shaming people for cheering on. Man United and Spurs are the two teams currently most likely to benefit from England getting fifth place so you’ve got the whole thing backwards here. I don’t know what any of this has to do with the super league. It’s a qualifying system to allow for the expanded champions league  

Are you really that begrudging of other English teams that you would prefer see them lose games that have no impact on Villa than see Villa qualify for the champions league? It’s ridiculous. We would be guaranteed eight champions league games against eight different teams if we qualify, including two against the elite teams. It would be incredible to qualify. 

Yes I would prefer we qualified on our own merit. Since I am not English and I don't subscribe to the Premier League is the almighty theory then yes I would prefer the other English teams to lose and embarrassingly if they could. West Ham is a scum team too

The only English team except us I respect is Brighton and they are pretty much out

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes I would prefer we qualified on our own merit. Since I am not English and I don't subscribe to the Premier League is the almighty theory then yes I would prefer the other English teams to lose and embarrassingly if they could. West Ham is a scum team too

The only English team except us I respect is Brighton and they are pretty much out

If we finish 5th you would rather we didn't get the consolation prize and the other English clubs don't succeed in Europe?

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It would be based on merit. That’s the whole idea of the coefficient. It’s a merit based qualification system. It’s not like they’d pull our name out of a raffle. 

Im not English either which backs up why I couldn’t care less whether other English teams win or lose, even if I don’t particularly like some of them. We’ve been complaining about the odds being stacked in favour of the top 6 teams for years now so it seems foolish to pass up a chance for Villa to qualify for the champions league out of spite. The places are going somewhere so better Villa than some random Spanish or German team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

It doesn't weaken everyone in the same way.  

For Man City with a revenue of £700m per year, paying £16m to lower leagues is peanuts. They can simply get another fake sponsorship for £16m. 

For Bournemouth with a revenue of £160m, paying £16m to lower leagues is huge. It's the difference between staying alive or going bust. It also strengthens a rival like West Brom as they might be in the same league the next season.

Then that is just crazy.

I assumed it was a "tax" based on income, which would see Citeh and ManUre slugged with larger amounts compared to your Luton's and Burnleys. After all, we hand out income/rewards based on league position, so you can't evenly tax if you don't evenly distribute wealth.

I'm glad we refused.

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If we finish 5th you would rather we didn't get the consolation prize and the other English clubs don't succeed in Europe?

If we get 5th and we rely on the financially doped clubs from the same league to help us get Champions League then so be it but I am not going to cheer and beg that scumbag clubs help us get it

• Like 1

Disgraced Ryan Giggs back as Director of Football at Salford City. They are owned by footballs biggest blowhard Gary Neville who is also a mate of serial scumbag Jamie Carragher

Yet the employer Sky will happily have a pop at Unai accent or De Zerbi lack of Premier League experience

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Disgraced Ryan Giggs back as Director of Football at Salford City. They are owned by footballs biggest blowhard Gary Neville who is also a mate of serial scumbag Jamie Carragher

Yet the employer Sky will happily have a pop at Unai accent or De Zerbi lack of Premier League experience

Give it giggsy. 

It's amazing how the class of '92 continue to support such an obvious scumbag. His highness Gary Neville even commented in an interview before that "everyone knew what giggsy was like in nightclubs". You can read into that pretty easily when you see the character Ryan super injunction giggs is. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Utterly disgusting 

Apparently The FA have agreed to scrap FA Cup replays from the third round onwards from next season. 

I do agree but it definitely benefits PL teams rather than lower league teams.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13196881/FA-Cup-replays-SCRAPPED-clubs-Premier-League-EFl.html

The FA are set to press ahead with plans to scrap FA Cup replays from the third round next season despite the collapse of the so-called New Deal for Football in another blow for EFL clubs. 

As revealed by Mail Sport earlier this week 10 top-flight clubs blocked the Premier League’s attempts to introduce a new £900million financial settlement at a tense meeting on Monday, leaving the EFL still waiting for a funding package almost two years after detailed proposals were first developed.

The EFL are likely to respond by withdrawing their offer to scrap two-legged Carabao Cup semi-finals next season, but Mail Sport has learned that the FA are still planning to remove replays to ease fixture congestion.

Edited by ender4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don't mind tbh 

Scrapping the 2 leg Semis in the LC would actually piss me off more 

They need to scrap extra time too, straight to pens every time

I wouldn’t mind seeing the LC shoehorned into the first half of the season with the final the weekend before the Boxing Day fixtures.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the LC shoehorned into the first half of the season with the final the weekend before the Boxing Day fixtures.

isnt that how scotland have done it? it starts pre season and finishes before xmas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

isnt that how scotland have done it? it starts pre season and finishes before xmas

It gets it out the way - a good final before right Christmas and alleviates the FA Cup and league fixture pile up in January/February every year.

I’d also switch the League Cup semis to a single tie at a neutral ground 

58 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It gets it out the way - a good final before right Christmas and alleviates the FA Cup and league fixture pile up in January/February every year.

I’d also switch the League Cup semis to a single tie at a neutral ground 

nah i don't like that, i think its something special that the league cup has over the FA cup, if both competitions end up as no replay, 1 game semi finals then they're really just becoming the same thing just without non league teams

id still like european teams kicked out of the league cup too, would save it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Apparently The FA have agreed to scrap FA Cup replays from the third round onwards from next season. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13196881/FA-Cup-replays-SCRAPPED-clubs-Premier-League-EFl.html

I don't mind this, i'd just argue that the gate receipts should be split regardless of where it's held. So if Notts County draw Liverpool at Anfield, profit from hosting the game is split between the 2 competing teams evenly. Then it doesn't disadvantage smaller teams at all financially. They could even elect to hold their cup tie away if the receipts are worth it to them over hosting.

Other than that, I think a single leg benefits lower level teams because it's much harder to knock out a premier league team over 2 legs.

The FA just constantly devalue their flagship competition. First they sell the TV rights to pay TV so most people can't watch it, then they abjectly give up on replays. Sad organisation!

• Like 2

On 15/03/2024 at 11:08, ender4 said:

On 15/03/2024 at 11:18, villa4europe said:

I don't mind tbh 

Scrapping the 2 leg Semis in the LC would actually piss me off more 

They need to scrap extra time too, straight to pens every time

As a casual fan of a lower league side, it's pretty grim.

Again, modern football is shit.  The greed is insufferable.

Â