The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On 15/03/2024 at 12:45, OutByEaster? said:

FIFA have decided to expand the U17 world cup from 24 to 48 teams.

They've also decided to hold it every year.

And they've decided on a host for the first five years.

Qatar.

Unbelievable. Honestly staggering, but not the least bit surprising.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

As a casual fan of a lower league side, it's pretty grim.

Again, modern football is shit.  The greed is insufferable.

Full doc on YT. 

It's not as if noone saw what would happen. But, as always, greed wins.

• Like 4

Saw a graph that the cheapest ticket for Italy friendly in US started at 125 dollars

Am guessing 2026 wont be a cheap tournament for fans

On 15/03/2024 at 22:45, OutByEaster? said:

FIFA have decided to expand the U17 world cup from 24 to 48 teams.

They've also decided to hold it every year.

And they've decided on a host for the first five years.

Qatar.

Yet further evidence that FIFA are no longer bothering to hide their shitf**kery.

Everybody knows that they are scum, and they have decided to just roll with it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Chelsea paid £53m for Lavia - whose only played 32 competitive minutes for them is now out for the rest of the season with a thigh injury 

Wow, one for the forgotten players thread!  He looked handy for Southampton, too.

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Ball boys can't hand balls to players now, the player has to go get it themselves. WTF ???

Some teams have ball boys throw extra balls on to the pitch when time wasting. Definitely something Mourinho has used

Social media campaign now to cancel Conor Gallagher and label him a racist as looks like he missed a kid trying to shake his hand. I saw the video and looks completely accidental

Some clowns online and sadly they are allowed run wild

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Social media campaign now to cancel Conor Gallagher and label him a racist as looks like he missed a kid trying to shake his hand. I saw the video and looks completely accidental

Some clowns online and sadly they are allowed run wild

It… looks a bit weird if you ask me. I wouldn’t be “cancelling” him as some sort of racist, mind. Video below:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It… looks a bit weird if you ask me. I wouldn’t be “cancelling” him as some sort of racist, mind. Video below:

That video actually makes it look a lot worse than the clip i saw on Twitter but yeah dont think he did intentionally

Short black lad with plaits in a Chelsea kit...Probably thought it was Raheem Sterling and didn't want to give him a high-five as he never passes the ball. 

its really weird that he doesnt see it, but he doesnt

he does tap the kid on the shoulder and acknowledge him

also seems weird to me that the kid at the front isnt his kid, is there footage of them coming out on to the pitch?

12 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Maybe the kid was a little prick?

And why was he showing the Roman salute?! 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

its really weird that he doesnt see it, but he doesnt

he does tap the kid on the shoulder and acknowledge him

also seems weird to me that the kid at the front isnt his kid, is there footage of them coming out on to the pitch?

Not saying it means or anything or not, but he makes eye contact with the kid, doesn't touch him on the shoulder or at all and puts his hand on the wall, then makes a weird face and goes back to the first kid (seemingly his mascot). Even the Burnley player is looking like "did you not see that kid trying to high five you".

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not saying it means or anything or not, but he makes eye contact with the kid, doesn't touch him on the shoulder or at all and puts his hand on the wall, then makes a weird face and goes back to the first kid (seemingly his mascot). Even the Burnley player is looking like "did you not see that kid trying to high five you".

Nah, he taps him on the shoulder.  You can see his hand sort of run down the kid's shirt (that sounds weird 😐) so it wasn't the wall... but, yeah, he seems to be actively avoiding him after that.  Maybe it's because he ran his hand down the kid's shirt!

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah, he taps him on the shoulder.  You can see his hand sort of run down the kid's shirt (that sounds weird 😐) so it wasn't the wall... but, yeah, he seems to be actively avoiding him after that.  Maybe it's because he ran his hand down the kid's shirt!

Not convinced, but benefit of the doubt. It's quite strange regardless.

On 02/04/2024 at 16:37, bobzy said:

Nah. Just lonely attention seeking outrage mongers lashing out after being ridiculed for still being virgins by their parents again.

• Like 1

Â