January transfer window 2018

Jareth

On 19/11/2017 at 16:05, Jareth said:

I think we need another player like Davis, an older more experienced version who can share that role over the rest of the season.

I saw Regis on TV the other day maybe he fancies a crack.

If not, there‘s always Andy Lochhead

I think we need another player like Davis, an older more experienced version who can share that role over the rest of the season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Edit beaten to it

Edited by jim

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

On a free. Get him in. He will own the Championship.

Would he get a work permit? Doesn't appear to have played for Mali in a while and not sure if he's got French citizenship. 

Edited by lexicon

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Would he get a work permit? Doesn't appear to have played for Mali in a while and not sure if he's got French citizenship. 

Good point. Not sure. I just assumed so as he played in France for so long but that could be a reason why he's hasn't been signed up yet. Not sure. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Good point. Not sure. I just assumed so as he played in France for so long but that could be a reason why he's hasn't been signed up yet. Not sure. 

Yeah could be. Shame really if its, as he looks like he'd be a good player to rotate with Davis to take a little pressure off him. 

Olof Mellberg has just left Brommapojkarna along with his right hand man Azrudin Valentic.

Perhaps we should look to bring them in as assistant and coach to help out?

Get them working here, and then when the time is right and they are ready...

Yes I know, won't happen.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Olof Mellberg has just left Brommapojkarna along with his right hand man Azrudin Valentic.

Perhaps we should look to bring them in as assistant and coach to help out?

Get them working here, and then when the time is right and they are ready...

Yes I know, won't happen.

Talking of Swedish defenders, what is this guy like SNE?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-rumour-aston-villa-rival-13930954

Aston Villa have been linked with a surprise swoop for Swedish defender Filip Helander.

Reports in Italy are suggesting Villa have watched the Bologna centre-back and are considering making a move in the upcoming January transfer window.

Helander, 24, made his debut for Sweden earlier this year and will hope to be part of Janne Anderson’s 23-man World Cup squad heading for Russia next summer.

There was reported to be interest from Leeds United in Helander during the summer transfer window, but the deal wasn't finalised.

Villa are likely to offload Tommy Elphick in January which will leave them with just three senior central defenders in James Chester, captain John Terry and Chris Samba.

However, the claret and blues are still walking the Financial Fair Play tightrope and manager Steve Bruce has already admitted to reporters that he won’t be splashing the cash.

It is our understanding Villa will look to sell before they can buy with Bruce looking to strike it lucky with loan deals.

19 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Talking of Swedish defenders, what is this guy like SNE?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-rumour-aston-villa-rival-13930954

He's pretty decent, not good enough to be a regular starter probably but a good squad player with potential to improve. Better 3rd option than Samba, Elphick and Richards.

Leeds were linked with him in the summer I think.

Has a beard

Bildresultat

Edited by sne