January transfer window 2018

Jareth

6 minutes ago, 8pints said:

If we shift a few out, I still think we could do with bringing in a real ball winning midfielder with an engine.

Jakob Johansson from AEK Athens would be my choice, and not just because he's Swedish and used to play for IFK Göteborg.

He's really good at what he does and is calm on the ball. 6 ft 2 with a great engine and attitude. 27 y.o Has a €5 million release clause but is sitting on an expiring contract and will not command big wages.

Perfect signing IMO.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Jakob Johansson from AEK Athens would be my choice, and not just because he's Swedish and used to play for IFK Göteborg.

He's really good at what he does and is calm on the ball. 6 ft 2 with a great engine and attitude. 27 y.o Has a €5 million release clause but is sitting on an expiring contract and will not command big wages.

Perfect signing IMO.

Goteborg? I didn't know they could assimilate animals.

• Haha 1

I see from the click bait peddlers newsnow that we have tentatively been linked to Ahmed Musa from Leicester 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/910498785?-11177:843:3#out

Ahmed Musa wants to leave Leicester City after featuring once all season and it is understood that Aston Villa are hot on his trail.

And we have also been linked with Diame from toon 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/13/report-newcastle-united-midfielder-mohamed-diame-keen-to-join-as/

Newcastle United midfielder Mohamed Diame wants to be reunited with his former boss Steve Bruce at Aston Villa.

I'm liking both these tenuous links. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Musa doesn't suit our style as a forward at all. Musa plays very similar to Hogan, so we'd be replacing Hogan with a smaller version of Hogan. 

Ah ok pointless then. I just remember him looking v.good against Barca in a friendly. Next please 

Agree with @Czechlad Musa is a no for me.  Small, nippy strikers who require service and space to run into aren't going to fit, not the way Bruce sets us up. 

Diame yes.  Big, strong, can hold the ball up, bully defenders etc.  He'd do a good job share with Onomah as that powerful no.10 behind Davis or Kodjia.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sne said:

Perfect signing IMO.

OK

We can disregard this signing as he has just injured his knee in the play off against Italy. Looks really bad.

Will probably miss the rest of the season.

Linked with Connor Shields of Albion Rovers who has 11 in 18 this season:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-scout-form-striker-13898620

Aston Villa are among the clubs reportedly keeping tabs on in-form Scottish striker Connor Shields ahead of the January transfer window.

The 20-year-old has shot to prominence in Scottish League One, bagging 11 goals in just 17 games for Albion Rovers this season.

That rich vein of form has seen Shields named in several SPFL teams of the week and has also alerted sides south of the border.

Villa and fellow Championship club Sunderland are said to have sent scouts to take a closer look at the forward who was promoted from the Albion Rovers' under-20s team by new boss Brian Kerr at the start of the campaign. 

Premier League side Watford have also been credited with an interest in Shields.

It is reported that Albion Rovers are unlikely to be able to stand in his way if a move to England is desired.

Villa's current emerging attacking talents are beginning to make their mark with Keinan Davis becoming a regular in the first-team and Callum O’Hare set to make his international debut for England under-20s against Germany