January transfer window 2018

Jareth

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

bobby reid of Bristol city looks  a interetsing one

I would prefer Famara Diedhiou his strike partner!! He has a lot more potential

He actually came from Angers like Kodjia did and replaced him as Bristol City's record buy. Reid is looking good this season but i think it's more of a flash in the pan sort of season since he moved from a midfielder to a striker.

Edited by Villan4Life

Think I rather we played with 1 striker in a 4-5-1 like now than bring a new one in and revert to 4-4-2.

With Grealish and Green coming back we have loads of options suited to this formation, would be a shame to leave those guys on the bench.

If Kodija is gone til March and McCormack and Hogan not options for Bruce we are of course light since Gabby is useless and our other youngsters apparently not ready.

Would be a shame to bring in someone that forces Davis out of the team, and would be strange to spend much money on signing someone to sit on the bench.

Difficult situation we have put ourselves in...

Loan with option to buy is my preferred option.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I would be very surprised if we spend much this Jan if anything, I really don’t think we can and I can’t see we will raise funds this window. Unless the money from Amavi now comes into play.

We are definitely light up front which is crazy given the money we’ve spunked in forwards the last 18 months.

I have to say Bruce doesn’t have a good record when it comes to buying strikers so a loan might be best all round.

Maybe we should try and get the best out of Hogan? 

• Like 1

We are looking good, and winning ugly, very ugly.

I am still worried that it cannot be sustained, but we can only hope.

We are in a terrific position, but Bruce really needs to improve the performance, I think, rather than relying on winning ugly, to get us up.

I think he can do that with what we have, rather than possibly wasting more money and gelling in more players.

Edited by AntrimBlack

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You make it sound so easy!

Doubt we could give McCormack away unless we agreed to pay a large portion of his wages.

Hogan we might get a bit under half of what we paid for him, IF we found someone with that kind of money to burn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We are looking good, and winning ugly, very ugly.

I am still worried that it cannot be sustained, but we can only hope.

We are in a terrific position, but Bruce really needs to improve the performance, I think, rather than relying on winning ugly, to get us up.

I think he can do that with what we have, rather than possibly wasting more money and gelling in more players.

Why? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would take Crouch for sure... he will come in handy when we run out of ideas 30 minutes into a game and decide to play long ball.

Crouch, would come close to guaranteeing promotion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Doubt we could give McCormack away unless we agreed to pay a large portion of his wages.

Hogan we might get a bit under half of what we paid for him, IF we found someone with that kind of money to burn.

I think if i was sunderland id make a bid for hogan. He is exactly the kind of striker they need

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why? 

I think we have a much better chance of being successful this season than last.

But there are some similarities and last season we fell apart after having a good streak about this time a year "winning ugly".

It wasn't sustainable last year as many pointed out. The fear is it won't be this season either.

But for me the chances is much better, simply down to us having a much better squad.

Injuries is a worry thou.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think if i was sunderland id make a bid for hogan. He is exactly the kind of striker they need

Reckon Coleman might go for Woodburn on loan.

Or hopefully Robson-Kanu :D