• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Pearson would be another disaster.

Had a few good seasons with Leicester when he had Walsh and Shakespeare with him who did most of the work. No chance of either of those coming here with him.

Fed up of us getting managers without their first choice backroom staff it just doesn't work either we get the entire unit or we just don't go for them imo.

For pure comedy value, Person would be the best.

He'd fail, but not in a downbeat, miserable way like Moyes would. It would be more of a kill the team bus driver and take the squad hostage, followed by an OJ Simpson-esque police chase down the M6 kind of failure. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Surely this guy hasn't been in charge for long at all - maybe a month?  How do you know much about him?

I really liked what he did with the Ajax youth team for a couple of season before he got appointed to the head job. He'll probably not leave Ajax for us though, but it's worth dreaming..

Managers are a bit like investments...past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

Personally I was a big fan of the Little/Gregory era and thought it was going to set a precedent for appointing people who at the very least were passionate about the club, a trait which seemed to carry us forward, even if only so far. Would love to see someone of a similar ilk now, although I'm not sure there are any former players in management at the moment...or certainly not any that give a rats backside about the Villa? 

1 minute ago, momo said:

Jürgen Klinsmann

Would probably sit in the dugout first match, then get a weird feeling.... something not right..... then the flashback

bosnich4b.jpg

Regardless of anything else in Klinsmann's career, any time i think Klinsmann this above is always my first thought. The sound....... unforgettable.

2 hours ago, NulliSecundus said:

This thread is massively depressing. Same spiral.

Surely you mean Sam Spiral -  He might be a bit inexperience, but he preaches good football , and isn't afraid to throw the youngsters in - good outside bet for me.

Would love Mellberg & Laursen back at the club in some capacity, Terry can piss off (in comparison)

For manager, I really think we should go for Jokanovic or similar - it's been way, way too long since we saw an attacking, adventurous form of play. It would be oh so refreshing to see some actual football and actually be excited as fans...

15 minutes ago, jim said:

Manuel Pellegrini anyone?

Come on dude, stop hogging it.

We operate on a puff-puff-pass basis round here and you are clearly overbaked. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1