• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

14 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

The trouble is we have no identity of how we want to play. The model that Swansea and Southampton set out years ago is one villa should be aspiring too but unfortunately we lack the vision i think at boardroom level. When Swansea were going through the leagues it was put out there "we're gonna play this way and go after a manager who drives these principles".  Martinez, Sousa,  Rodgers, Laudrup. They had success and messed up but never deviated. It's only now with the new owners that have thrown out that blue print that i actually think they'll really struggle. We look like we are making it up as we go along. When it goes shite, let's throw some more money at it..No plan. No nothing. Southampton had serious people working in the background. Their scouting is ridiculous.  Signed schneiderlin for 1 million in the championship.  We get......ugh, angers me the **** clowns we have running things.

Surprised this post hasn't attracted more comment. It seems to sum up our predicament perfectly. Until we get a proper strategy at the top of the club, we will continue just stumbling from manager to manager, squad change to squad change, and failure to failure. Certainly none of the managers on that depressing list at the start of the thread will, working alone, have the personal power or ability to get us out of current our long-term mess/malaise.

Edited by briny_ear

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Moyes, Redknapp, Sherwood, Pardew.

This thread is terrifying.

I'd give Bruce a 10 year contract over any of those clowns.

Agreed. I refuse to believe we couldn't do a hell of a lot better than those dimwits. By Bruce's own admission, he's been waiting 20 years for a job like this, so surely we are in fact an attractive proposition for a majority of managers out there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

The problem is, nobody at the club has the imagination or foresight  to go for someone like that. 

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I think Xia would, but Wyness and Round would tell him to go for experience. 

The Moyes connection is giving me the cold sweats. 

Let's not forget that Xia's first go at choosing a manager got us RDM. I'm not sure we should rely on him to find another one.

Edited by briny_ear

I'd take Big Sam but I'd rather have Jokanovic. He's got plenty of experience in the Championship so he ticks that box and he has a track record of good football and success. Also aren't Fulham one of the best away sides??? That's enough for me alone. 

Absolutely no point in going for Big Sam, the last thing we want is a manager who will attract ye olde criticism of delivering boring football. We need someone to get the fans excited. Give us decent football and this fanbase will accept a work in progress I am certain. 

• Thanks 1

The problems lie further back than Bruce though. Dr. Tony for me, is full of ****. I don't believe he has really improved us much from the awful club we were when we took over and I don't trust him to make the right choice on a new manager either. 

He is too busy making ridiculous, childish Twitter posts. 

Wyness and Round dont seem to have the first clue either.

FWIW I think we will go for Pardew, although Moyes turning up in B6 wouldn't surprise me in the least. We are in a right pickle.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, hippo said:

I have a feeling it will be pardew if Bruce goes in the new week or so.....

I also think having JT in the squad is a bit of problem if we good for an up and coming manager. Imagine Dean Smith trying to stamp his authority on the dressing room ........"Show us your medals Dean.....what none ? - but youre deciding the tactics...ok..... count me out"  

Not quite that blunt - but I know that sort of thing goes on - It happened to Graham Turner. 

Pardew is better than Moyes, I would take him on a short team 2 year deal. If we all look at the facts for some reason this guy always seems to start so terrifically well and then about a few years later it always collapses. If he could get us that unbelievable start who knows takes us up and then flops then we get rid 

Your point about JT is right, but the same can be said about Jokanovic. In fact you could probably say that about 90% of managers in this league. I would hope JT sticks to sorting out the team on the pitch and PERHAPS be a coach end of the season 

5 hours ago, jim said:

I cannot see why Jokanovic would leave Fulham to come here.

Aye.  Apart from the size of the two clubs, the resources he'd get and the fact that he has very publicly come out and crtiicised the set up at Fulham ("I have never had to work under these sort of conditions before")  I don't see how he could be persuaded at all. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Pardew is better than Moyes, I would take him on a short team 2 year deal. If we all look at the facts for some reason this guy always seems to start so terrifically well and then about a few years later it always collapses. If he could get us that unbelievable start who knows takes us up and then flops then we get rid 

Your point about JT is right, but the same can be said about Jokanovic. In fact you could probably say that about 90% of managers in this league. I would hope JT sticks to sorting out the team on the pitch and PERHAPS be a coach end of the season 

Jokanovic can at least point to recent success in this this division.

Personally I think JT is a liability - he won't care about villa being a shite if he gets a crack at the managers job. Things have fallen apart so spectacularly it makes you wonder if there is trouble in the dressing room.

(I know its only two games - but we had an element of headless chickens at Cardiff)  

1 minute ago, honest_bertie said:

If we can't get jonkanovic then give dean smith ago, why not hey?

Lots of reasons - mostly because we would be back here looking for another manager come Feb. 

I'm not a massive fan of Bruce and can see why the daggers are out but after 2 games? Really? Newcastle lost their first 2 games last season, they won every game after until they played us (if memory serves me) 7 games later.

Edit: It was Wolves after 6 games, we were the 7th.

That's all im saying in this thread because I'm assuming it's full of posts by the anti Bruce brigade and I can read those posts on every other thread on here anyway. 

Edited by Hoof hearted

2 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'm not a massive fan of Bruce and can see why the daggers are out but after 2 games? Really? Newcastle lost their first 2 games last season, they won every game after until they played us (if memory serves me) 7 games later.

Edit: It was Wolves after 6 games, we were the 7th.

That's all im saying in this thread because I'm assuming it's full of posts by the anti Bruce brigade and I can read those posts on every other thread on here anyway. 

I'd take a look through because as well as the 'anti-Bruce brigade' (what), a lot of the staunch Bruce supporters have turned. It's almost 100% agreeance that he needs to go.