• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

10 hours ago, sne said:

Thankfully that list is just a random selection of managerial names.

No reason we should limit ourselves to that bunch.

Can you include the non "random" selections that are realistic options? 

We are not going to pay 5m for Jokanovic for example 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be sending my Season Ticket back if we appointed Redknapp.

Ill cut all ties with the club if they recruit that creep :angry:

Thankfully we wont go for any former bloser manager as the last two have flopped 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you include the non "random" selections that are realistic options? 

We are not going to pay 5m for Jokanovic for example 

Already listed 3 names in this thread.

But I guess all names are random until there is a solid link.

Point was that the names in that list are not the only ones we have to choose from. Hence the "Other" name option

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Already listed 3 names in this thread.

But I guess all names are random until there is a solid link.

Point was that the names in that list are not the only ones we have to choose from. Hence the "Other" name option

Absolutely Sne, there are of course 100s we could choose from. But as depressing as the list may seem, I think those are the realistic names of the next manager

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

The guy from Fulham. Not on the poll ? - deemed ungettable ?

yes because of the compensation. Can you see us paying 5m in compensation for him with FFP rules? 

also i would add fulham have a fantastic chance of going up this year. why would he come to these losers who cant even perform for 90 minutes in a game?

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely Sne, there are of course 100s we could choose from. But as depressing as the list may seem, I think those are the realistic names of the next manager

yes because of the compensation. Can you see us paying 5m in compensation for him with FFP rules? 

also i would add fulham have a fantastic chance of going up this year. why would he come to these losers who cant even perform for 90 minutes in a game?

Graham Taylor came, Big Ron came - both were deemed ungettable at the time.  - 

I take your point though, but if we are seriously ambitious Jovanic shouldn't be a non starter. -  

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Graham Taylor came, Big Ron came - both were deemed ungettable at the time.  - 

I take your point though, but if we are seriously ambitious Jovanic shouldn't be a non starter. -  

I definitely agree, I would go get him. He would be a magnificent appointment. He would eb my number one choice hand down 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I definitely agree, I would go get him. He would be a magnificent appointment. He would eb my number one choice hand down 

I wouldn't go that far - he looks the best of an average bunch.

Nathan Jones luton ? 

With Round and Whyness here I would be amazed if Moyes hasn't already been set up to replace Bruce and is currently eyeing up players in case the call is made before the summer transfer window closes. If we lose to Reading it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes is in charge for Saturday's game against Norwich.

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

With Round and Whyness here I would be amazed if Moyes hasn't already been set up to replace Bruce and is currently eyeing up players in case the call is made before the summer transfer window closes. If we lose to Reading it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes is in charge for Saturday's game against Norwich.

They need to go as well IMO. Although I should admit I'm not 100% on who does exactly what among those 2.

But pretty much every call regarding the football side of the club had been a bad one under them.

Not confident about these 2 handling the new appointment that will hopefully come any day now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I've a Journalist mate and he reckons if we get beat tomorrow night Bruce is bye bye.  I wouldnt be surprised to see Moyes in either given Whyness connection and he is free but my mate never said that though.

Moyes is the obvious choice isn’t he. Out of work and connections to Round and Wyness. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him come in if Bruce goes. He looks like a busted flush though and if Sunderland deemed him as not being good enough to bring them back up you’d have to ask serious questions if we decided to go for him.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

If the Dr is serious about promotion this season

Step 1

Sack Bruce immediately

Step 2 

Appoint Sir Brian AND Terry as Caretaker Manager/Assistant for Reading, Norwich, Wigan & Bristol.

Step 3

Go all out for Jokanovic

Whatever happens we MUST have a new Manager/Head coach in by the Brentford game (even if its Dean Smith)

Moyes???......is anyone serious about him coming to Villa as manager?......come on my 84 year old mum could do a better job

Mind you as mentioned by Dimitri_C,         Moyes will fit right in with our boring, predicable, negative football that is currently on offer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Question.

Out of the 2 chairmen..

Who is likely to fill you with promises of which it turns out to be bullshit.

Clue for ya... It ain't ours!

And if that is the case of what you say in terms of compo then we stick with Bruce then do we on the basis we cannot afford to pay him off nor recruit anyone else then??

I don't disagree about the chairman bit, working for Mike Ashley must be a nightmare at times. Although having said that, he was interviewed on Sky yesterday and TBF, he didn't come across as a total loon and was very open about the budget Rafa had. 

That aside, RB has just spent a year battling his way out of the championship and he's back in the Prem. Even if we could afford to pay the money you're talking AND some for a couple of players on top, I can't see him stepping back down to do it all again? 

On the last point, no I'm not saying we should stick with Bruce no matter what, but I do think our choices will be limited and the likes of Howe, Benitez and Rodgers are way out of reach. Probably the bloke from Fulham too. 

If everything we have been told about budgets and FFP is true, the money is not there to spend £10m swapping the management team and then some for more players on top. I think the desperation to be rid of Bruce is getting people overly excited. It's more likely to be someone off that list.