• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

Last season when not at work or watching villa we have a shared Fulham season ticket in my villages I saw even a fair few times.  As a neutral they are a joy to watch, organised confident and can mix up play when required. Speaking to the Fulham fans in the village they are not worried about losing him to us. You have the London factor, their finances are now apparently sorted and their owner is a billionaire who is willing to push on. Why would he join a team on the up with one that is stagnant? Would love it to happen, him & Stam are my choices but just can't see it. 

51 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I disagree entirely with this - if we were playing our youngsters and they looked like they were having a go, I think 99% of fans would be behind them. You say that we wont wait - if there was a clear path for improvement and a plan that we could buy into we would. 

And as for the bit in bold. Really? Please. NO ONE wants Bruce to go because of 2 games this season. It is the fact that after 36 games last season, all the pre-season games AND 2 games this season (actually 3) - Bruce does not seem to have a plan A, does not seem to know what his best team is, cannot react to changes in the game and is not able to get the players to do what he wants and by his own admission, on TV "does not know how to fix it". 

Frankly the support he has received to date has been absolutely outstanding!

maybe I'm pessimistic or you're  naive but to me if the kids come in and even if they gave it a go, if our win ratio is like now our fans would be on their back.  The theory and dream would be a lot more local young talent in the team but we'd soon get fed up if the results weren't following and given this day and age of everything needs to happen now, these youngsters wouldn't get much time.  You're also assuming our kids are any good. How many of our academy in the last 10 years play at our level or above compared to how many we have hoped or believed had talent.

fair enough, I don't agree with everything you have said about Bruce and my two game comment was too narrow. In my head though I can't see a better alternative, all the names to replace him don't inspire me at all, do they you? So I fall back to what's on paper and he has a history of promotion so he knows what is needed.  Cardiff was so bad I know! I'm just not convinced him going now is right! I want to see how the team reacts in the next couple of games

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we're going to change then I want a real change, someone foreign and intriguing.

We need to find our Pochettino / Jokanovic etc

The problem is, nobody at the club has the imagination or foresight  to go for someone like that. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

The problem is, nobody at the club has the imagination or foresight  to go for someone like that. 

I think Xia would, but Wyness and Round would tell him to go for experience. 

The Moyes connection is giving me the cold sweats. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

would we be even discussing dean smith if he wasn't a villa fan? they've had a poor start and wasn't overly convinced about them last season

moyes no, just no...

trouble seems to follow pearson around

little has been out of the game too long

terry inexperienced

if we cant get the chap from fulham, i say we stick with bruce

I put him on as the Hogan link, he might be looked at by Xia

We need to get away from tried and tested crap like Bruce. We need to go fresh and we needed this a long time ago. We tried with Lambert and Sherwood just because they failed doesnt mean we abandon the concept.

Potter from Ostersund be a brave call and he has done wonders in Sweden and Europa League this season and is a brummie though played at blues. We need to find the next Wagner, Jokanovic before we have to chase them

4 minutes ago, jim said:

IF/When Bruce goes, you just know it will be Moyes :(

It's certainly more likely than us buying another clubs manager out of their current contract. I would imagine Wyness and Round would be very positive about him. Scary times ahead. 

I would have taken the Moyes from Everton but todays Moyes looks broken and finished at high level management.

Of course if he was recruited I would support him 100% Moyes does at least play better football than dinosaur Bruce (dont take much)

But would rather Pardew (if we are going to go for someone experienced) as short term I think he would get excellent results.  

If we appoint Moyes then we deserve everything we get. It would show a complete lack of imagination and prove that they (the board) haven't learnt from their mistakes. Xia still has lots of goodwill right now, but if he keeps messing up the major decisions this won't last long.

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Potter from Ostersund be a brave call and he has done wonders in Sweden and Europa League this season and is a brummie though played at blues. We need to find the next Wagner, Jokanovic before we have to chase them

Agreed.

I'm not 100% sure on total newbies though due to our squad. We've got utter cancers in there, training every day and it's not healthy.

Richards and Gabby are bad enough, but now with someone like John Terry as well, it'd be hard for a left field choice to take charge.

Just to say I rate Terry, and I do think he was a good signing, but we've made it an awkward squad to manage.

I don't know the character of this Potter, it certainly could be done if he is confident enough. Wagner before Huddersfield looks like he'd have been fine walking in to our current dressing room for example.

4 hours ago, jim said:

I cannot see why Jokanovic would leave Fulham to come here.

The club selling players on him is a factor. Our squad is just waiting to be allowed to attack . Any manager with ambition would want to come here but it's a risk as it's a big job. Fulham is a stepping stone but unlike Wagner I don't think he's that attached. 

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would have taken the Moyes from Everton but todays Moyes looks broken and finished at high level management.

Of course if he was recruited I would support him 100% Moyes does at least play better football than dinosaur Bruce (dont take much)

But would rather Pardew (if we are going to go for someone experienced) as short term I think he would get excellent results.  

I have a feeling it will be pardew if Bruce goes in the new week or so.....

I also think having JT in the squad is a bit of problem if we good for an up and coming manager. Imagine Dean Smith trying to stamp his authority on the dressing room ........"Show us your medals Dean.....what none ? - but youre deciding the tactics...ok..... count me out"  

Not quite that blunt - but I know that sort of thing goes on - It happened to Graham Turner.