Josh Onomah

skarroki

Hopefully he decides that he prefers actually playing every week here rather than potentially sitting on the bench at spurs. Not that spurs need the money but i honestly can't see them keeping that team together much longer if they don't start winning things.

There are average players earning far more for sitting on the benches of other teams than spurs will pay their players and this has to be a factor at some point.

Alli, Kane & Eriksen could easily be on the best part of a million quid per week between them elsewhere in teams that will actually win things rather than picking up £70,000-£100,000 per week each any playing for a chance to maybe finish in the top 4

They won the league cup in 2008, this is their only trophy since the millenium, before that another league cup in 99 & the fa cup in 1991.

Spurs are a title chasing team, with one of the best strikers in the world. If anything they will buy another ready-made world class striker to supplement (llorente already?), there's no danger here on Davis.

Onamah is surpluses to requirements, they have; Alli,  Erikisen, Winks, Deir, Dembele, Lamela, Benteleb all ahead of him for the CM & CAM. We will either buy him if we get promoted, or he will get sold for a nice english-driven transfer fee.

Edited by carewjust4u
  • Like 1

I would be surprised if we sold him, he's rated very highly by the club.

There was a story going around that Pochettino wasn't impressed with his attitude upon returning from the U20 World Cup(where he was one of the standout performers), apparently Onomah came back a little too confident and that was one of the deciding factors in allowing him to go on loan. Pochettino also seemed narked at constantly hearing people suggest he hadn't been playing him in his best position which all throughout his youth career is central midfield, I think there was a case of him saying to Onomah to go and prove him wrong but as we know, so far Bruce has pretty much used him the same way - in fact he's playing even further forward with you.

I do still think that you're not even seeing half the player when he's asked to play in the final third, he would show a far higher and more consistent level if he was played deeper but as long as he's playing and contributing positively then that's the most important thing.

On 22/11/2017 at 01:19, av1 said:

Still don't see it with this kid. His first touch is atrocious.

That is exactly how I feel. Dont think he has been that good and with his recent comments in mind, I would start playing our own players, Lansbury, O'hare or Grealish instead.

Edited by Taxahunter

4 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

That is exactly how I feel. Dont think he has been that good and with his recent comments in mind, I would start playing our own players, Lansbury, O'hare or Grealish instead.

100% agree. I've said previously in this thread that I've got no problem at all in utilising rhe loan system, but if you are going to use a short term fix (such as a loan), they have to be good enough to justify stalling the progression of our own contracted youngsters. 

Onamah has shown in flashes that he could turn into a very decent player long term. But he hasn't shown anywhere near enough imo to justify keeping Grealish and/or O'hare on the bench.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

100% agree. I've said previously in this thread that I've got no problem at all in utilising rhe loan system, but if you are going to use a short term fix (such as a loan), they have to be good enough to justify stalling the progression of our own contracted youngsters. 

Onamah has shown in flashes that he could turn into a very decent player long term. But he hasn't shown anywhere near enough imo to justify keeping Grealish and/or O'hare on the bench.

Agree totally. When I saw the article earlier about him wanting to return to Spurs my first thought was that if a loanee is not playing really well, which he isn't, it should not be allowed to stunt the development of Grealish and O'Hare. 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He ha s alot of potential, but for me I just dont see how is even close to be good enough for spurs? spurs are on a nother level to us and he has done very well here but not completely outstanding 

If you go on their forum they all expect him to take Dembele's spot. Talented lad but I don't think he will make it at that level. Reminds me of Downing in his manner sometimes. He either has no confidence or he needs someone to put a rocket up his arse half the time. Not sure which.

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If you go on their forum they all expect him to take Dembele's spot. Talented lad but I don't think he will make it at that level. Reminds me of Downing in his manner sometimes. He either has no confidence or he needs someone to put a rocket up his arse half the time. Not sure which.

Yeah I would agree with that. I also find him to be really inconsistent. One week he will run the show the next he will disappear. I think he could do well at a midtable premier league club. But demebele? No chance

Â