Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

I think Bacuna can do a job. Still, Bacuna starting over Hourihane or even Green, seems preposterous. Is Bruce somehow wanting him on in case of a free kick opportunity?

Hourihane has done nothing to warrant a start since he arrived either. He has been shit, I don't think he will feature much at all this season when Onomah is up to speed and Jedinak is fit. Hourihane is well down the pecking order IMO

• Like 1

Just now, macandally said:

Looking forward to the new season and then Bruce strikes again.  Bacuna, Gabby, Hutton..........meh.

Gabby and Hutton have been good in preseason. Bree doesn't deserve to start over Hutton at the moment. Green and Gabby are pretty dead even for that LW spot based on form, so either starting is fine by me. I expect Green as an early sub.

Bacuna though...No idea honestly. He was gone for the majority of our preseason, and even when he was with us, he did nothing that made me think he deserves to start over Hourihane or Birkir. Very strange by Bruce. 

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Hourihane has done nothing to warrant a start since he arrived either. He has been shit, I don't think he will feature much at all this season when Onomah is up to speed and Jedinak is fit. Hourihane is well down the pecking order IMO

Agree. Really can't see why folks are losing their shit over Bacuna starting. Hourihane has been wank generally pre-season. Bacuna marginally better imo. Grealish is injured and Onomah only joined yesterday. I can see why Bacuna is starting.

• Like 1

I won't moan until the final whistle. I won't moan until the final whistle. I won't moan unti - BACUNA?! Why not let Richards come round and bang my missus while you're at it, Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most fans have been buzzing for this and then we see Bacuna in the side and we're all deflated.

My only presumption to why he is playing is because his fitness stats when they train is better than Greens. Other than that I'm as confused as the rest of you. 

Presume Amavi is off. Would like to see Green and Onomah at some point. 

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Agree. Really can't see why folks are losing their shit over Bacuna starting. Hourihane has been wank generally pre-season. Bacuna marginally better imo. Grealish is injured and Onomah only joined yesterday. I can see why Bacuna is starting.

100% agree with you, people clamouring for Hourihane is strange. You only know he is playing when he takes a corner or free kick.

Only reinforcing my belief that Hourihane wasn't a Bruce signing but someone the people higher up at the club wanted.

Think we have a fair few players like that.

Neither Hourihane nor Bacuna has done a damn thing to deserve a start, but I'm ok with either as long as Thor doesn't play. Hutton and Gabby were very predictable, so an ok line-up for me.

Hope we're able to score that one goal that's needed.

Edited by AVTuco