Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

Still almost two hours left before starting? FFS, Xia out.

On a more serious note: Obviously I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win by means of a deflected goal off Gabby's ass any day, but I'd love to see some coherent play, our players having a real go at scoring. It would be so nice to actually sit with a feeling that the Villa is capable of getting a goal any time.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Disagree, I think if we play well and lose people wont be going into meltdown.

However if we fail to register a shot n target and the players look like strangers to one another and we cant string 3 passes together then I'll be leading that meltdown. 

Even if we win?  (1-0 og)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if we win?  (1-0 og)

People talk about winning ugly wins you titles, but they forget that's only in games when you are struggling. Champions tend to win majority of their games comfortably but when they are finding it tough in certain games they get the odd ugly result to keep things ticking nicely.

We saw last season winning ugly with no real plan will only get you so many points. Our game plan every game was to try to nick a goal and it worked for a while but isn't maintainable hence we only finished 13th. 

Obviously I'd take the win, but in hope that's its an odd ugly win that I just spoke about above rather than the normal performance. Trying to nick every game 1-0 will not end in promotion sorry to say. 

• Like 1

Just now, KJT123 said:

Gabby deserves his spot. There, I said it. 

He does. Looks like it will be from a wide forward position as there's no left midfielder in there.

Or Bacuna is filling in and we will go 442 which would help Hogan.