Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

Think I would go 4-3-3 with Johnstone, Taylor, Emohandy, Terry and Chester at the back, Whelan, Hourihane and Lansbury in the middle with Green and Gabby out wide supporting Hogan up top. It looks like we have a strong squad with lots of options though esp when we get players back from injury such as Jedinak and Admohah.  Looking forward to it. 

It annoys me when I see people write that Newcastle lost their first 2 games but still went on to win the title. There's plenty of examples of teams that lost their first 2 games and went on to get relegated also. Shouldn't be used as a comparison meter what Newcastle did. One of the games they lost to was a team that also got promoted. 

Having said that, I'm not too fussed about today's result, but I really want to see us look like a team with ideas. Back end of last season we were only getting 1-2 shots on target and some games none at all. I want to see a direction of style from Bruce as so far we haven't really had one. I really don't want to see Alan Hutton being deployed as our main play-maker anymore, really hoping to see some fresh ideas.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It annoys me when I see people write that Newcastle lost their first 2 games but still went on to win the title. There's plenty of examples of teams that lost their first 2 games and went on to get relegated also. Shouldn't be used as a comparison meter what Newcastle did. One of the games they lost to was a team that also got promoted. 

Having said that, I'm not too fussed about today's result, but I really want to see us look like a team with ideas. Back end of last season we were only getting 1-2 shots on target and some games none at all. I want to see a direction of style from Bruce as so far we haven't really had one. I really don't want to see Alan Hutton being deployed as our main play-maker anymore, really hoping to see some fresh ideas.

People use the Newcastle example because of the extreme reactions. There is every chance we might not win today but I gurrantee if we draw or god forbid lose, regardless of the performance the meltdown on this site will be incredible!

16 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Cup of Traditions winners should have no trouble with this lot

We should leave a lifesize replica of the trophy outside the away dressing room just to remind the opposition of the calibre of the team they are about to try to play against.  Should leave them quaking in their boots:D

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People use the Newcastle example because of the extreme reactions. There is every chance we might not win today but I gurrantee if we draw or god forbid lose, regardless of the performance the meltdown on this site will be incredible!

Disagree, I think if we play well and lose people wont be going into meltdown.

However if we fail to register a shot n target and the players look like strangers to one another and we cant string 3 passes together then I'll be leading that meltdown. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I don't think people are saying that it's ok to lose the first two, just that losing them isn't the end of a promotion race and that promotion is possible so don't panic.

I agree with you about the performance today though, it's win over anything else. But like you say if they look like strangers and can't string passes together it will be very worrying. Hull are likely one of the best, if not the best, side in this league though based on last years results (18th in PL, 6pts behind 17 and 16th).

• Like 1