Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

Just now, sne said:

So is that a 4-3-3 with Gabby on the left or a 4-4-2 with Bacuna or Elmo as LW?

Bit strange 11 for my liking but if it works...

I think it's a 4-3-3.

Gabby and Elmo will flank Hogan.

Bacuna will play in the center in-front of Whelan and Lansbury.

Just now, Czechlad said:

The only issue is Bacuna starting. The XI looks good aside from that. I really have no clue why or how Bacuna is preferred of Hourihane. 

Bacuna shouldn't even be in the 18 - let's hope Bruce pulls off a result .

How the fook does Bacuna start ahead of Green?

If it's a 451 with Hogan up front, Gabby left side attack and Elmo right with Lansbury behind Hogan and Bacuna alongside Whelan - why not have Hourihane alongside Whelan. No formation should allow for Bacuna being in that starting line-up.

Just now, villarocker said:

How the fook does Bacuna start ahead of Green?

If it's a 451 with Hogan up front, Gabby left side attack and Elmo right with Lansbury behind Hogan and Bacuna alongside Whelan - why not have Hourihane alongside Whelan. No formation should allow for Bacuna being in that starting line-up.

It's a 4-3-3 so Gabby is taking Green's spot, but this doesn't excuse why Onomah or Hourihane are on the bench over Bacuna. For years Bacuna has done nothing to deserve minutes. 

• Thanks 1

Bacuna is the new Westwood. I agree he is pants, but the more frustrating thing about this lineup is the lack of Green and the fact that Elmo will have to spend a lot of time fixing mistakes from Hutton's 'runloseballrunloseball' moments.

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Wasn't Green pretty unimpressive during pre-season? Might that not account for why Bacuna is there ahead of him?

Yeah i agree he didn't look too good in preseason, but I think Bacuna will be plying centrally in place of Hourihane. 

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

Wasn't Green pretty unimpressive during pre-season? Might that not account for why Bacuna is there ahead of him?

Green was inconsistent. One match he did great, then next his end product was pretty bad. Despite this, it's Gabby for his starting in Green's spot. Bacuna is taking Hourihane's spot. We aren't playing a 4-4-2. Gabby is LW. 

And I am not against Gabby playing if it is 4-4-2, as he deserves to start upfront because of pre season. I am against him playing wide in a 4-3-3... he hasn't got the pace anymore and has no ability to change things out wide.

I think Bacuna can do a job. Still, Bacuna starting over Hourihane or even Green, seems preposterous. Is Bruce somehow wanting him on in case of a free kick opportunity?

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Cue a goal and MOTM performance from Bacuna. 

You read it here first.   ;)

If only it were that simple. We'd have won the league 2 years ago :)

Wouldn't be against a hat trick of free kicks for him today........... Then selling him on monday ;) 

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

I think Bacuna can do a job. Still, Bacuna starting over Hourihane or even Green, seems preposterous. Is Bruce somehow wanting him on in case of a free kick opportunity?

I bet Hourihane has scored more in his career.