Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

4 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Is Chester and Terry the most solid CB pairing we have had since Mellberg an laursen?

Lololol. I wasn't even aware we have had any centre backs since Mellberg and Laursen.

Edited by One For The Road

Yay football is back :D

excited and optimistic, but been around long enough to know how quickly Villa can crush that for me. 

Hull will be something of a test but a home game we simply must win and get off to a flyer we need to make statements early this season. Think the momentum and confidence of win after win will see us go all the way hopefully this season. Am confident we'll be solid at the back, just need to find that cohesian whilst attacking which has been missing for a while.

Think we've done good business this summer given the circumstances, just need most of last seasons signings to gel and settle now which I think they will having had a full preseason now.

Oh, and have a feeling Gabby will start, score and be a menace this evening, he really looks in shape for once and up for it.

2-0 Villa

Terry, Agbonlahor

• Like 1

Who knows how today will go we still lack consistency and do come across still as a mixed bag watching Sunderland vs Derby yesterday and dominating games and not winning is a theme in this league it seems, still, Regardless of what you think of him as a man John Terry will be playing in claret and blue for us in the championship. Still can’t believe it. 

Can't wait to get to villa park. 

Feeling very confident but had that feeling and left gutted too often. 

I think the team pretty much picks itself. 2 ones for me that aren't set yet, who joins Lansbury and Whelan in the middle? And Gabby or Hogan up top?