Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

30 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Exactly...but when some of us questioned his signing we were told Bruce knows him and will get the best out of him and he only cost a million quid.........,.......

Typifies Bruce's tenure really

He was nondescript today, but most of them was.

Edited by TRO

He looked good in preseason but pretty shite in virtually every game he has played for us IMO, he just does nothing going forward for the most part. Worst thing is that he is probably on a big wage as well. He's a totally unnecessary signing, more understandable if we were playing a system deploying wing backs but he is clearly vastly inferior to Adomah on the ring wing.

• Like 3

On 17/07/2017 at 18:55, Junxs said:

I've watched him a good deal, somehow manages to get shitter each time.

Can't beat a man, can't cross, has a bit of pace though.

I remember one game I watched he over hit every single attempted cross and even the commentator (whos supposed to be impartial) said he doesnt understand how hes making a living in the premier league. 

I rest my case. A little reminder for some of those who were debating with me back in July

• Like 1

He's perfectly fine as cover for right mid/right back, but should not be starting ahead of Adomah or Snodgrass.

However, Bruce keeps playing him as he uses him as an out ball - watch how many times the keeper or defence look for the angled long ball for him to flick on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andym said:

He's perfectly fine as cover for right mid/right back, but should not be starting ahead of Adomah or Snodgrass.

However, Bruce keeps playing him as he uses him as an out ball - watch how many times the keeper or defence look for the angled long ball for him to flick on.

That's why he plays. Simple as that.

Bruce has two or three very very simple ideas of how to play, been the same his whole career. And one of them is the long hoof to Elmo who wins a good percentage in the air.

To prefer Adomah Bruce would have to develop actual patterns of play.

• Like 1

I'm not going to write him off as a signing but he way way too defensive yesterday. It was like having two right backs. Whether that is how he was asked to play I don't know but he is very much a squad player in my eyes. Both Adomah and Snodgrass are far better options IMO. Still good player at this level but certainly not a game changer.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not going to write him off as a signing but he way way too defensive yesterday. It was like having two right backs. Whether that is how he was asked to play I don't know but he is very much a squad player in my eyes. Both Adomah and Snodgrass are far better options IMO. Still good player at this level but certainly not a game changer.

It is because he has no ability. He has no pace, cannot beat a man and cannot run off his marker. Probably not even defensive by choice. Just a crap footballer.

Utterly pointless signing, as many said at the time.

• Like 1

I don't think he's looked awful or off the pace.

But I do think he was poor on Saturday and I don't think he should be our number 1 right winger.

He's a good signing to be used as utility cover and as competition.

20 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Didn't he say he prefers to play the wingback spot? I know Hull fans said he isn't a true winger. Honestly this signing made little sense especially if Snodgrass was potentially on the cards as well. 

I think Smodgrass was an absolute after thought after Grealish got injured in a desperate attempt to get some creativity in the team. 

I will say I think Elmohamady is pretty damn good at winning those flick ons from Goal kicks/hoofs/carefully directed long passes. Unfortunatley that seems to be the only game plan Brucey is going for this season. 

Edited by villaglint

Better as a RB. Has speed and offers something going forward. Looked threatening going forward from the back. Keep him there imo. Adds a little pace to our defence too

Edited by KSV

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Did fine yesterday at RB. I liked him and Snodgrass together.

I agree and it certainly showed that they have played together before. That could well be a promising partnership down that side.

I also thought Elmo did well when he moved into centre mid for the last 15 mins. Overall it was his best games for us so far.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I don't think yesterday's match was a good indicative of how he would play as a right back. Boro had one player forward the whole match. I don't even remember one attack all match going down Elmo's side, so he was able to play more of a winger than a fullback. 

Â