Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

If he plays he plays there. I never want to see him as a winger ever again. Playing deep he can run in support and step on the ball when we are in advanced areas and deliver.

Playing advanced he can not do that, he has to beat his man or get us up the pitch himself. He cannot do that.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not amazing today but a brilliant cross for Davis' goal.

Hutton hasn't delivered a cross like that in all his time at the club.

I was actually very impressed with him today, though he was defensively very solid and did everything he had to well. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I was actually very impressed with him today, though he was defensively very solid and did everything he had to well. 

Yep, he was solid and offers something going forward.

He was very good attacking in midweek as well but thought it was a hard match to judge him on given our defence was untested most of the night.

Him being at right back does seem to give us a bit more options going forward, and with 2 clean sheets it works defensively too.

surely the best option we have there!

....we really need to lose a few right backs in the next window though.

• Like 2

Good to see him play right back, it gives us an extra attacking option. As long as he is ok defensively I'd keep him there. I didn't like that he played as our most forward player on the right, as he did before. Although it was a 4-5-1(?), his position in attack seemed to be similar to the forward to the right in a 4-3-3. No wonder we didn't look like scoring when we play a RB/RWB as a forward. Having two strikers, a proper winger like Snodgrass and Elmo going forward from RB at times suddenly makes us look like a normal team that actually can threaten to score! Keep it up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â