Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Thing that I noticed most about him is that he doesn't mess about and is very direct and likes to get the ball across early and Hogan seemed to instantly benefit. I was also surprised how good he was in the air in terms of winning flick ons.

I read a Hull forum when we signed him and a few members posted that Bruce used this as a definite tactic, aim the goal kick to him and more often than not he'd win the flick on.

• Like 1

glad to hear he played like i thought i remembered him - i always thought he was physical, direct, quick and whipped good crosses in whenever i saw hull (which admittedly was  well over a couple of yrs ago and not very often cos Hull are boring as **** ).

10 minutes ago, villanmac said:

glad to hear he played like i thought i remembered him - i always thought he was physical, direct, quick and whipped good crosses in whenever i saw hull (which admittedly was  well over a couple of yrs ago and not very often cos Hull are boring as **** ).

I thought they played some great football last season but of course they've lost Maguire to Leicester which will hinder them, not forgetting Robertson to Liverpool 

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Was nice to see a winger look up and not absolutely balloon the cross to nowhere. 

Football is simple, yet so many of players fail to do the simple things like put in a decent cross.

Yes, that is the thing that struck me. He beat his man, looked up, looked at his options and then actually played the ball where he intended to. If felt really quite bizarre to witness.

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

This years Taylor.

Arrived to a shrug & some mumbling but may well turn out to be indispensable

Never quite understood how any established Premier League player can come to us with a shrug and mumblings. But bizarrely from some quarters it has been the case for Taylor, Elmo, Terry and Whelan! 

I can see Elmo being one our top assist players. 

• Like 3

As others have said, from the limited number of times that I watched Hull in the PL I never noticed him looking out of place (in a bad way) and he often seemed to be one of their main threats going forwards, so hopefully he will prove very effective in the Championship!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Elmo's been excellent so far in Germany and today. He'll be a very valuable part of the team. Hopefully he's not badly injured.

I had such a good joke lined up and then noticed you put "in Germany and today"

:(

We've been completely blind to players of Elmo (and Whelan's) value to a team - there was no point in the last 8 years when we would have felt they were good purchases, just a bit dull and mid-table like. Well, they are absolute pro's - and seeing them play last time out, it sort of struck me just how wrong we'd gone up until now. Sexy? No. Effective? Abso-bloody-lutely.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We've been completely blind to players of Elmo (and Whelan's) value to a team - there was no point in the last 8 years when we would have felt they were good purchases, just a bit dull and mid-table like. Well, they are absolute pro's - and seeing them play last time out, it sort of struck me just how wrong we'd gone up until now. Sexy? No. Effective? Abso-bloody-lutely.

I am sure that  we said the same about Elphick, Jedinak, Lescott and probably a few other experienced heads when we signed them

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I am sure that  we said the same about Elphick, Jedinak, Lescott and probably a few other experienced heads when we signed them

Not sure Lescott can be described as a pro. Jedi - still quality. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Not sure Lescott can be described as a pro. Jedi - still quality. 

He was a title winning centre half who just won West Brom player of the season. People saw it as a solid uninspiring signing at the time

• Like 1

Â