Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I was right.  Just watched it again and he is just standing there about 25 yards out watching.  If we are playing 433 which turns to 451 when they have the ball then surely he should have been back covering a free man.

I'm surprised he hasn't been criticised on here for this.  People probably to busy bashing Bacuna and Bruce and forgot to mention how a massive error cost us the game.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was right.  Just watched it again and he is just standing there about 25 yards out watching.  If we are playing 433 which turns to 451 when they have the ball then surely he should have been back covering a free man.

I'm surprised he hasn't been criticised on here for this.  People probably to busy bashing Bacuna and Bruce and forgot to mention how a massive error cost us the game.

Bashing Hutton also. 

One criticism I read from a Hull fan about Elmo is that he is very lazy on the defensive side of the game and is not one to track back. Thought it was just sour grapes at the time but looks like there could be some truth in it 

Just now, avfc456 said:

Bashing Hutton also. 

One criticism I read from a Hull fan about Elmo is that he is very lazy on the defensive side of the game and is not one to track back. Thought it was just sour grapes at the time but looks like there could be some truth in it 

Shocked to see how he is just standing there watching as if he is a striker.  I thought Hutton was pretty poor too on their goal, he looked like he lost his bearings  It was a poor goal to concede all round but watching the highlights I can't believe we didn't win the game comfortably by the stage.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shocked to see how he is just standing there watching as if he is a striker.  I thought Hutton was pretty poor too on their goal, he looked like he lost his bearings  It was a poor goal to concede all round but watching the highlights I can't believe we didn't win the game comfortably by the stage.

He is susceptible to that.

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah I saw this too. Look at the other side and Agbonlahor was back covering on the left. Maybe he was instructed to stay out for the counter (and therefore someone else has to cover—which I think is conceivable as he seems to be an out ball)—that's literally the only way it isn't his man unmarked. 

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Yeah I saw this too. Look at the other side and Agbonlahor was back covering on the left. Maybe he was instructed to stay out for the counter (and therefore someone else has to cover—which I think is conceivable as he seems to be an out ball)—that's literally the only way it isn't his man unmarked. 

It's possible but unlikely considering how defensive minded Bruce is meant to be. Bacuna seemed to be stranded in the middle of the box so maybe he was instructed to cover. I guess we'll never know. 

Still it just shows all it takes is one man not doing his job for a split second and it costs you a goal. Fine margins even in this league. 

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Whenever I see this guy's name I always get him mixed up with that other useless Egyptian player we had in Karim El Achmady!

Nice to see we are going like for like and never learn.

You're right! Why on earth are we not signing Congolese born player than immigrated to Belgium. 

We will never learn. 

17 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Whenever I see this guy's name I always get him mixed up with that other useless Egyptian player we had in Karim El Achmady!

Nice to see we are going like for like and never learn.

I think if you'd smushed your face into the keyboard you'd have been closer!

Didnt think he had a great game today. He had one or two nice moments in the second half but apart from that you wouldnt even have known he was on the pitch.

While Hutton was roasted he offered nothing defensively on that wing at all either.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, heffoman said:

Didnt think he had a great game today. He had one or two nice moments in the second half but apart from that you wouldnt even have known he was on the pitch.

While Hutton was roasted he offered nothing defensively on that wing at all either.

Did he play full 90? Didnt know he on the pitch

Â