Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Had a shocking run of form around xmas but been nice and solid last few weeks.

He's one of the few experienced players I'd keep tbh. Got one year left on his deal anyway, can cover RB (if the french lad struggles to settle) and if we get loads of injuries RM.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

doesn't panic into rash decisions.

He looks more calm when Nyland isn't playing, understandably so.

I had my heart in my throat everytime the opponent had a cross or a set piece when Nyland played. Never ever wanna get back to that.

Edited by villalad21

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He looks more calm when Nyland isn't playing, understandably so.

I had my heart in my throat everytime the opponent had a cross or a set piece when Nyland played. Never ever wanna get back to that.

You’re right. We were a shambles at the back for so much of the season. It’s so good to look solid again. 

Also a confidence Elmo with a regular run of games is a good player at this level. I’ve always thought that. 

How cool was he when Hause missed his header and he calmly cheated it and played it back?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Let's talk about Elmo Elmohamady. 

I've given him a fair amount of stick on these hallowed pages these last couple of years but he's been excellent recently and especially today.  Long may this continue.  Well done Elmo. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Glad he's getting back to form.

I thought he was very good last season. He's been poor this season and I'd suggested here before that maybe it was his partnership with Snodgrass that made him seem better than he actually was.

Maybe he was just another victim of the defensive uncertainty we've had for much of this season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Glad he's getting back to form.

I thought he was very good last season. He's been poor this season and I'd suggested here before that maybe it was his partnership with Snodgrass that made him seem better than he actually was.

Maybe he was just another victim of the defensive uncertainty we've had for much of this season.

It's no coincidence that since we got a solid CB partnership both fullbacks have improved as has the rest of the team. 

Now theres someone up the field who can hold and carry the ball it links the whole team and they play to their strengths. 

Elmo just like Taylor having to make last ditch decisions is now a rare thing which gives everyone confidence 

• 3 weeks later...
Â