Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

On 25/12/2018 at 15:02, VillanousOne said:

I think terms like guttless and coward are unfair, crap and useless is accurate though.

They are strong words but he is scared to tackle so whislt strong, I don't believe they are unjustified. 

Never thought anyone related to Villa could ever have a worse December than Paul Lambert had in his first season as manager here.

But Elmo is skating pretty close.

Surely Smith must have seen enough of this.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Will be someone else's fault again I imagine. He's getting to Micah Richards level of arm flapping now.

Those reactions when you know you're finished, shot to bits exposed and dead in the water.

GET RID.

Yes i think elmo knowa his replacement is incoming january.

On 24/12/2018 at 11:59, fightoffyour said:

Reasons to hope that Bruce goes to Wednesday:

1. I can laugh rather than scream when he says “get wor boots on” and “there or thereabouts”.

2. Further evidence will be provided that he is a dinosaur of a manager that the modern game has passed by.

3. This coward Elmohamady will follow him out of the door and never play for Villa again.

Can only hope bruce comes calling for many of his players, they mite fits his style but they dont fit Smiths.

What I'm struggling eith is they have shown that they can chance and while some have it seems some changed to Smith's style only to revert back and now form has dipped.

I know there are many factors why our players are playing bad, one is not being rotated, two they are tired as he'll, but three that they are someone else's player from a time we need to forget.

I want to see a new squad completely, apart from Grealish and Mcginn. I feel that if they having got it properly by now then it's time to replace whoever can't change to Smith's style.

Edited by Dave-R

I do kind of want to keep him for the RW spot. We need a player who isn't flashy, but I guess that could be Adomah. Elmo can cross really well. 

Having a tricky player on one side, and a more reserved option on the other would be nice. 

On 02/01/2019 at 17:14, Czechlad said:

I do kind of want to keep him for the RW spot. We need a player who isn't flashy, but I guess that could be Adomah. Elmo can cross really well. 

Having a tricky player on one side, and a more reserved option on the other would be nice. 

His crossing was very hit and miss.

Why would you want a more reserved player on one wing? (Unles you were being sarcastic?)

I think he was fine last season. Better than fine in fact.

But I said earlier in the thread that was either a Bruce effect, or (more likely in my opinion), his partnership with Snodgrass benefitting him hugely.

This season he has been a shadow of last season's player.

A manager like DS relies on full backs with bags of pace and stamina. The modern full/ wing back has become a huge part of the way teams set up. Look at the top two in the Premier League right now. When fit their starting full backs are quick and tricky with bags of energy and the ability to cross. 

The old mode full back (Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, etc.) doesn’t work in the these systems as they don’t overlap the wingers enough as they know they don’t have the legs to get back into position if it breaks down. 

That’s why players like Elmo and Hutton are looking so poor right now. I think Bree has the ability to play that role on the right. I think we need a replacement on the left as Taylor isn’t the man for that job either. Maybe Mitch Clark is? 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

A manager like DS relies on full backs with bags of pace and stamina. The modern full/ wing back has become a huge part of the way teams set up. Look at the top two in the Premier League right now. When fit their starting full backs are quick and tricky with bags of energy and the ability to cross. 

The old mode full back (Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, etc.) doesn’t work in the these systems as they don’t overlap the wingers enough as they know they don’t have the legs to get back into position if it breaks down. 

That’s why players like Elmo and Hutton are looking so poor right now. I think Bree has the ability to play that role on the right. I think we need a replacement on the left as Taylor isn’t the man for that job either. Maybe Mitch Clark is? 

You make out like it's a new invention, but overlapping/attacking/wing backs have always been a part of the game. Villa alone have a distinguished history of them - Charlie Aitken, John Gidman, Kenny Swain, Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Mark Delaney, etc. 

• Like 2

Â